• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi can anyone help employment issue with an agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi can anyone help employment issue with an agency

My Husband is over 3 weeks into an IT contract with a company who is happy with his work. Despite the fact that he is meant to be paid weekly by the agency he has not been paid, The person in the company who employed him through the agency has left and the agency and company (hirer)are now having a contractual dispute. My husband has his time sheets signed off but the agency still have not paid him. Am I right in thinking that the agency have had reasonable period of time to get proof. And the my husbands agreement is with the agency to be paid weekly and that they are now unlawfully withholding pay.

as far as I was aware the employment agencies contractual issues with the hirer are irrelevant to them paying his wages. The Agency are also saying he may well loose this 3 month contract where does he stand on this as he signed on to A 3 month contract. We cannot afford to loose this money at present
    Tags: None

Re: Hi can anyone help employment issue with an agency

Yes if he has a contract with the agency that he is paid weekly, not the client

What paperwork, contracts etc does your husband have with the agency in his possession stating contractual terms

Is he an employee, that is a contract of employment or a worker (Self Employed) contracted to the employment agency

Comment

He is a is an employee the agency is handling his tax and national insurance he is not self employed.

Comment

Then an immediate grievance needs to be submitted to the agency quoting section 13 employment rights act unlawful deductions of wages

Inform them that you expect to be paid within 7 days or a claim will be submitted to the Employment Tribunal Service

Sorry for being blunt but if they are prepared to leave him without any money over a spat between agency and client,

I have no sympathy

There are other agencies crying out for your husbands expertise

Comment

He is not self employed the agency is meant to pay him and deal with tax and national insurance

Comment

Then send that grievance as section 13 is a protected right and he is covered under a contract of employment

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X