• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re Career Development Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Career Development Finance

Morning.
    Here goes. My nephew started a course with Career Development in March 2008, it wasn't what it was supposed to be and he only lasted until June.
    Long story short I paid the initial £75 of £3225 I have proof it came off my Nat West card and I have the loan agreement. I don't remember anything happening until 2013 when we received letters from Cabot Financial then 2014 Fire Investigations.
    Then 2015 Wright Hassall. The amount has changed from £3150 to £2480 so apparently we have paid £670 not to my knowledge. I wrote them a statute barred letter because they had now sent a court pack, they have replied saying Career Development received a payment of £40 6/12/2010, I have checked my bank my nephews bank my Nat West card, the only other card I had was Capital One which my husband assures me was paid up 2009 but I cant confirm this straight away as you have to write to them. There is only a few days left to respond to the court so I wont have time.
    Any help would be great, my nephew is completely stressed I'm trying to help him.
    Thanks
    Kim
    Tags: None

Re: Re Career Development Finance

It will be down to Wright Hassall to say how, where and when this payment was made. That is cheque or card number, bank paid from etc

This is a common DCA trick to say phantom payments have been made

You need to write back and demand that information.

WHEN DID YOU RECEIVE THAT COURT CLAIM PACK??

Have you acknowledged the claim yet?
    Last edited by judgemental24; 6th October 2015, 10:50:AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Only a week or so I got straight on to the Statute barred letter, my husband and I are trying to sort it because it definitely have been through us, my ne[phew wasn't working at the time hence the computer course as he lives with me. So is there a standard letter asking for proof or should I just type one myself.
      Kim

Comment

While you are on line, log onto MCOL with your password and acknowledge the claim with intention to defend all

Do it now to be safe

We will do the defence later SO LEAVE THAT ALONE

Comment

Sorry I don't understand.
          Kim

Comment

Since getting the claim form have you sent anything back to the court or filled in a form online with MoneyClaim online ?

If not you need to acknowledge the claim, else it could go to default judgment. there should be information about doing that on the front bottom right on the claim form, along with a password for the moneyclaim online system.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is this a N1 county court claim from Northampton

Is it a Money Claim On Line (MCOL)

On the claim form is there a password

This might be an old fashioned claim typed out manually by the sols and not useing MCOL

What is the date on the claim form?

Comment

It says County Court Business Centre. I think I've messed up big time I think I sent that form your taking about back with the Statute barred letter. I've got 3 pieces of paper. Acknowledge of service with a claim number, then one you fill in your details, then one defence and counterclaim. But nothing with a password.
                Kim

Comment

We need to be quick now to stop a CCJ by default

Do you know the date that was on the claim form??

important, i need to know how long ago you received that claim form,

I AM TALKING IN DAYS

Comment

Okay, best thing to do is give the court a call and tell them you think you've sent the acknowledgement of service back to the claimant instead of the court. You should be able to rectify it if the claimants haven't jumped on a default judgment. They shouldn't have as they have received the AoS. You should be fine, but just double check save any panicing.

You will need your claim number when ringing the court - and it is likely Northampton business centre - I'll dig up their number for you.

edit: County Court Business Centre (CCBC) 0300 123 1056 / 01604 61940

Then come tell us exactly what they say xx

( and as judge says, we need to know the issue date of the claim form ( or the date you received it) )
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It was only the last two weeks. I'm just checking the date I sent the statute barred.
                      Kim

Comment

The court can do a trace on your post code if you do not have the claim number. The court will give it to you and then you must send an email directly back to the court with that claim number saying you are defending in full and to acknowledge the claim. Do as suggested and tell them you sent everything back to the solicitor in error.

You have 14 days plus 5 to service the claim in total from the date of the claim to acknowledge

Comment

https://courttribunalfinder.service....im-online-mcol

Comment

I have the claim number but I don't know the date of the court. The Statute barred letter was sent recorded delivery 29th I've got the receipt and I know we had only just got the first letter from them.
                            Kim

Comment

I've rang them they wouldn't actually tell me anything but they are sending the forms via e-mail, which I will get him to do straight away. She said it will give him another 14 days.
                              Thank you so much for all your help, I feel a bit calmer now.
                              Kim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X