• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone need help with a firm claiimg no payment when it has been payed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone need help with a firm claiimg no payment when it has been payed

The problem is with my mother in law. She is nearly 80 and get 2 hrs care a week to help her with shopping and cleaning. The company she used, which has now gone into liquidation were payed every week unfortunately it was a cash transation but she did sort of get a receipt from the person who came to do the work on apiece of paper with the date, amount and just there first name. The firm has gone into liquidation and the company dealing with the firm going into liquidation has been sending letter saying she owes them money. I have phoned the company up and they have sent a read out of when the money wasn't payed and she has got receipts for all those dates. There is a discrepancy with one of the dates as they saying she owes money for 20th of one month but it was actually the 21st that they came. I am going to copy the so called recepts and luckily the person still comes and does her shopping and house work so am going to get her to have a look at the receipts that she wrote on the pieces of paper and will ask her to write a letter confirming that my mother in law has payed and that she did in fact write the recepts. Is there anything else I can do as if the company wont accept them as proof of payment I don't know what else I can do so would appreciate any help you can give. thaks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Hello everyone need help with a firm claiimg no payment when it has been payed

As no one has replied am I right in thinking that I can do anymore bar go down the legal route?

Comment

Re: Hello everyone need help with a firm claiimg no payment when it has been payed

Hi, I think you may be acting a little prematurely at the moment. Once you have sent them copies of the receipts and explained the date discrepancy and had the companies response you can look at where to go from there, it may be the liquidators accept the receipts.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X