• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mkdp awaiting hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mkdp awaiting hearing

hi all, new to this. got my hearing in 4 weeks against mkdp :tinysmile_cry_t: anybody else in same situation?
    Tags: None

Re: mkdp awaiting hearing

Hi
    Erm, yep! A bit earlier than yours though! Gulp!!
    You don't say very much in your post, what's yours for etc etc?
    Good luck

Comment

hi kandis, my debt was with barclays credit card, 12k, it went from Northampton to my local court who then changed it from fast track to small claims. our witness statement had to be in to the courts by 9th of oct, hearing is on the 21st of nov. i have not received their witness statement or heard anything from the court, they missed the first deadline to pay the hearing fee and havnt heard if theyve even paid that, im trying to leave phoning the courts just yet as i would rather they didnt put any documents in! i have requested the usual documents off them since this started may the 7th, all ive received is some photo copies of some bank statements that start from 5k.
      where are you kandis with your claim?

Comment

If they do pay the hearing fee be aware they can get a full refund if they withdraw/discontinue up to 7 days before the hearing.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you Amethyst i wasnt aware of that, i hope they do withdraw/discontinue, its just a waiting game at the moment.

Comment

Hi
            I've done my bundle this week on Monday. Nothing whatsoever from MKDP, surprise, surprise! Court in a week or so. Will see what happens then.
            Just a thought, when did you take out this card?

Comment

hi Kandis,
              I took the card out 18 years ago, good luck for court next week, they dont stick to any dates or deadlines do they! just got to hope we get a decent judge on the day and hope they dont turn up too!! hate this waiting game :tinysmile_cry_t: had u taken your card out many years ago? have you received anything off them?

Comment

Hi there.
                Yep many moons ago like you. Barclaycard are known not to be very organised with Credit Agreements so hopefully ours are lost forever, :especially from that long ago!
                I've received nothing off MKDP at all, and they were supposed to meet the deadline by 4pm on Monday 27th! :vixen:

Comment

hi
                  yes thats my only hope too, surely if they had managed to get hold of it or even some sort of a half decent copy of something they would have produced it to us by now!! my courts ordered for our WS fairly early on the 9th of oct but ive not received anything and i doubt they have either, ive read that by law they have tp produce it within 2 weeks of the hearing so im hoping to get past that without hearing anything off them then i will contact the courts. they do have a few of my bank statements so hoping that doesnt go against me! they havnt sent anything to prove they even own the debt, i know with small claims they say they dont have to prove this until court but mine was fast track until very recent :angry8:

Comment

Hi all,
                    Just a quick update on my case, i have my hearing 2 weeks today, i had an email from mediation to say mkdp hadnt responded so i was to inform the court of this, so i phoned the court today and was told they have received nothing from mkdp as yet and as far as they could see on their system they havnt paid for hearing fee. i was then told if they had not paid they will now receive a letter giving them 7 days to pay and produce what judge ordered or case is struck out! how do they get away with waiting until last minute like this?? and why do the courts allow this?? so still a waiting game as i have been advised to call back 2 days before the hearing to see if it is still on or not going to be a long 12 days until i find out if its struck out or not, good luck to everybody going through the same.

Comment

Well that is good news so far but more intolerable waiting. The system does suck I know but it's all we have at the moment - hopefully things will be changing in 2015 with regard couort procedures on debt claims.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
                        yes i do hope things change, i have been reading up on it and all look good, i just dont understand the courts either to give deadlines but let them slip by, i suppose mkdp know they will get a final reminder so maybe they are waiting for this to throw in all they have, im still hopeful they have nothing worth seeing but trying not to get my hopes up and trying to keep calm as all this is quite stressful, will keep you all posted .thanks.

Comment

Hi thought id update that with my hearing a week tomorrow mkdp decided today to post me their witness statement, over a month late but nothing new there i guess.probably as the courts have been chasing them for their hearing fee, i phoned the court this morning and as they hadnt had their post they were not sure if they had received a copy or the hearing fee.
                          The witness statement consists of the usual few pages of a poor photo copy of an agreement they have dug up from somewhere, they claim i entered the agreement may 2006 when actually ive had the card 18 years, they had a previous address on the front of unreadable agreement which i lived at 18 years ago so proves i didnt enter agreement in 2006!!
                          the best one is the template theyve put in,to mr joe blogg, from any town, any place, this says they own the debt!
                          im now going to write to the court regarding the witness statement arriving to me a week before the hearing and also point out the incorrect information and letters ive seen today for the first time!!
                          I can only but try!

Comment

Any chance you can upload the agreement ?

Anything interesting in the WS ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst, will try and upload, although not great with computers so may take me a while its only 3 pages, of very tiny writing that u can barely read with the nacked eye, theres nothing signed or personal to me, on the front on blank paper they have an old address that as i say lived at 18 years ago although they state i started the agreement may 2006.
                              they are meant to be dealing with my solicitor but have only sent the witness statement to me which is why i was keen to know if they had sent one to the court.
                              the witness statement mostly consisted of the few bank statements they have, they have put a copy of a letter in stating that barclays were passing the debt over to mkdp but thats the first time ive seen that letter!!
                              then the templet addressed to joe bloggs, thats it really.
                              my solicitor just sat shaking her head at it all and couldnt believe the poor copies, theyr printer must have been playing up as the agreement had thick inc stripes running through it!
                              I might phone the courts before 5 to see if anything did come in the post for them, but its likely they have if i have :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X