• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi Joined Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Joined Today

Hi everyone, just like to say, this is a great site, keep up all good work and advise guys. Was going to post a lengthy thing about receiving CCJ from BW LEGAL, and was it legit, as agreed a payment plan with them 5 months ago, only to receive a letter yesterday informing me, that Lowell had obtained a CCJ against me. But after lots of info about them on this site, looks like I'm stuffed But keep up all the good work guys, it is really such a great help, in understanding how things work.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi Joined Today

Did you aware that they had started proceedings? Have you had any notifications from the court? Was this just the claim form from the court?

Comment

Not stuffed at all....at least lets have a look at things first before you give in.

What have you actually received, when did you get the court papers from B W Legal ? What does the letter from Lowell say ?

What's the original debt and how much ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi guys,
        No, I wasn't really aware they had started proceedings, I've had the debt with lowells for a while, but trying to pay peter to pay paul, that one kinda got left on the shelf. And no, must admit, I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar, by a long way. Any how, nest thing I know, receive a claim form from BW LEGAL, saying they were acting on behalf their client (Lowell) for monies owed. I filled in the form, admitting the debt, I do owe it, so don't have a problem with that, filled it in, including details of wages and out goings etc, and offered to pay them the sum of £35.00 per month. Sent it off. Spoke to BW Legal about a week later, they said they said they had accepted my offer, gave them bank details, direct debit set up, sorted....or so I thought. That happened 21st March 2014. Haven't spoken to them since, monies have been paid each month, all ok.
        Got home yesterday, to find a letter from BW Legal, stating that on 29th August 2014 their client (Lowell) have obtained a CCJ against me, and that the court has ordered me to repay indebtness at a rate of £35.00 per month, which does seem a little strange, as that was my offer, 5 months ago, not the courts. So there you have it really, have checked on my Noddle credit report, and sure enough, there's the CCJ

Comment

Hi,Thank you for your response, all I received from BW Legal, were the claim forms from the court, filled them in, sent them back to BW. Didn't hear anything for over week, had to ring them, to make sure, they had received documents, and payment offer. woman on phone said they did, and my offer of £35.00 pm had been accepted, and direct debit set up. end of call. 5 months on, receive CCJ, just doesn't seem right to me, if I had known they were going to hit me with a CCJ anyway, I wouldn't have bothered making offer, saved myself £210.00

Comment

Hi Matty1966,

you're absolutely right about "understanding how things work". Even if I cannot help you with the CCJ, I appreciate your saying hello in the welcome forum, because this is the only place where I can give something back to the community. Keep my fingers crossed for your case!

Comment

Originally posted by matty1966 View Post
              Hi,Thank you for your response, all I received from BW Legal, were the claim forms from the court, filled them in, sent them back to BW. Didn't hear anything for over week, had to ring them, to make sure, they had received documents, and payment offer. woman on phone said they did, and my offer of £35.00 pm had been accepted, and direct debit set up. end of call. 5 months on, receive CCJ, just doesn't seem right to me, if I had known they were going to hit me with a CCJ anyway, I wouldn't have bothered making offer, saved myself £210.00
              If you agreed a settlement with them then that settlement should have been on the basis they withdraw the claim, your problem is you didn't negotiate them withdrawing the claim in return for the offer You mention you filled in the forms with Income/Expenditure - so if they were the court forms, then you have in effect just made an admission and offer to pay and they are entitled to enter the CCJ as their security.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Amethyst,
                Yes I did fill in the form, but have done for others like 1st credit, when they wanted to know about income and out goings, so really thought nothing of it. As I said, at no point did I think, proceedings were going against me, BW Legal, never told me, whe n on the phone to them, and did think, once made the offer, as long as I didn't default on that, then that was the ened of it. But as I said, I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar, and more than a little thick, but you live and learn I guess

Again thank you so mush for your responses, now just a bit worried about how this may affect my job, bit fingers crossed on that one.
                Take care
                Kindest Regards to all of you
                Matty1966

Comment

The form you filled in - was it the one that came with the response pack from the court ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

It was a claim form from the court, which I had to fill in, within 14 days of receiving, and send back to BW, that is why I thought, when I had made the offer of £35'00 pm, and it wa accepted, I automatically thought that was the end of it, and I would hear nothing more about it, unless I defaulted on it. But you are totally correct, I should have asked the right questions, when I spoke to them, but was only on the phone them, less than 2 mins. Have been phoning them since, and explaining things, who ever I speak to, which have now been three different people, agree that they should have made things more clear, and would have to go off, and find out what was said on the original phone call, and get back to me, but no one ever rings me back, at this stage.
                    Again, thank you so much for your time, and response.
                    Matty1966

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X