• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help me someone please ( PPI and IVA's)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me someone please ( PPI and IVA's)

hi my name is amanda I currently have a contract with debt free direct!, the issue I have is with PPI from Black Horse!, the claim to have sent a cheque of over £6000 to debt free direct!! DFD say they have never received it and Black Horse say someone cashed it form DFD!! NO ONE is helping me get to the bottom of this Black Horse WONT cooperate with DFD and someone somewhere has my £6000!!!! HELP
    Tags: None

Hello please someone help me

Hi my name is amanda
    I currently have a contract with debt free direct! This has been working fine until almost 2 years ago black horse informed me they owed me PPI to the sum of over £6000!! Great!! I knew this would have to go to my PPI but at least it would be a major chunk out of the way!! Or so I thought!!
    DFD claim they have never received the cheque from Black Horse! And Black Horse tell me well they sent it and it was cashed!!
    Now my problem is NO ONE knows where MY money has gone!!!
    Black Horse won't cooperate with DFD and I'm kind of losing the plot!! Where do I go from here? Please someone help me,

Regards

Amanda2

Comment

Re: Help me someone pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Hi Amanda.
      First of all, try not to panic; I know that is easier said than done but do try. One of the clever beagles will be along soon to give you more informed advice.
      From what I can see, if the cheque they sent was crossed,which let’s face must be the case if they wrote it within the last 100 years, and they made it payable to debt free direct, and if you have a writtenstatement from Black Horse saying they made it payable to debt free direct, and it has been cashed then DFD have your money. It is as simple as that.
      Now the big question is how you get it back. Did you have a payment agreement set up with DFD? How did their name wind up on the cheque?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Hi,

Do you have it in writing that Blackhorse sent the cheque to DFD and have they sent you evidence of it being cashed by them ?

Firstly you need to write to DFD giving them 14 days to sort it out, however before we work on that I would like to see the agreement you have with DFD.... DFD are primarily a debt management \ iva provider, so I'm concerned this may be caught up in some dmp type plan.

Any letters you have, emails between you and dfd and you ad blackhorse would be useful as we need to ascertain the true position here then we can help you write a formal complaint with a view to taking them to court if necessary/appropriate.

Reading your emails and other posts (merged now) are you in an iva with dfd?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh god your are all really out there! I never thought someone would message me back x thank you x
          i have emails from DFD and as far as I am aware any PPI will always go to them to clear my debts or until my contract with the is over!
          Im going to call black horse again on Monday and ask for it in writing that they have sent the cheque and that it has been cashed, I will of course let you all know what has been said, I can't thank you enough for the replies

Comment

Yes you need it in writing from Blackhorse, you should also get a statement of your iva / debt plan from dfd to see what's happening with that.

You could send a subject access request If you don't get any joy from either.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi yes I am in a IVA with DFD and they are causing me no end of grief!
              I just want someone to own up to the cock up of losing my money somewhere along the line and to get it put right! I still have over 2 years left on my IVA I have the load ref number and the exact amount they are supposed to have sent DFD

Comment

Subject access request??

Comment

Okay think once you get something on writing off of Blackhorse you should send a copy of that with a complaint to dfd, and also send them a subject access request to see whats going on with your iva.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry, subject access request under the data protection act, basically a letter wIth a fee of £10 which compels them to send copies of all personal data/everything they hold about you, so all agreements, transaction lists, screen notes etc.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you Amethyst you are amazing! I'll be on it first thing Monday unless it's open in the morning :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

This may be of interest by [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]; http://debtcamel.co.uk/dfd-iva-variation/
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Wow what a fabulous read!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda2 View Post
                            Wow what a fabulous read!
                            Pleased you like it!

Can I try to work through your situation? You are in an IVA with DFD. You said "this was working fine until 2 years ago" - how long is there to go?

A) Is it likely that this £6000 PPI plus the contributions that you have made will be enough to clear all your debts that went into the IVA plus the IVA fees?

B) Are you struggling badly with your current IVA payments and worried that your IVA may fail?

If the answer to A is YES, then it's definitely worth your pursuing this missing PPI because it will make a huge difference to you. If the answer to B is YES, then it may be worth pursuing this but it would help if you could say some more.

If both the answers are NO, then I suggest you forget all about this and do something more interesting!

Getting this PPI back isn't your job, it is DFD's. Getting the money back won't make any difference to you. It's not "your" money that has gone missing and you won't gain anything from chasing it.

You may be thinking that getting this £6000 will mean that you can end your IVA early as it will take £6000 off the amount you have to pay. But this isn't correct. You will still have to make all the agreed payments unless you have repaid your debt in full.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X