• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

energy supplier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• energy supplier

hello, this is my first posting !.I changed gas & electric supplier in early january this year, i submitted a reading & paid up my previous supplier, infact they refunded me on both accounts , so the final bill for both gas & electric are fully paid up.
    The new ELECTRIC account was set up in late january & went live!!. the GAS was supposed to start up around about the same time , but never got off the ground. They set up direct debits for both accounts & started to take the debits , after spending litterally hours on the phone trying to get through & explaining the problem , i still have not gone LIVE on my GAS account, I have had my own advisor ringing me up & trying to fix the problem to no avail & eventually she just never rang me back presumably she could not sort the job out.
    I have all the letters sent to me including my gas account number, all the different direct debit changes , i have recieved two electric bills which now shows £306 in credit as my gas money as being going in the electric account.
    They have now stopped takeing my d/d payments, i suspect thats because i am plenty in credit.
    i submitted on line electric reading to-day , but as there is no gas account number i cannot give a reading, i have tried e-mails , phone calls & even had my own advisor . I have been at my wits end over them not getting it right or even getting a gas account at all.
    i am now contemplating about forgetting about it now altogether as my health is not brilliant & i feel i have tried down every avenue to try & get it going & wished i had not ditched my last supplier.
    My son says dad why are you worried about it theres thousands of people out there who cannot pay their bills , who wish they had your problem "free gas" , i am open to any advice that you can offer me , i just dont want someone chaseing me for a big amount of money for something i have tried to put right. It is now nearly 12 months i have been trying to sort this job out , what legal rights do i have when the day of reckoning appears ? if it does.
    thankyou in advance
    Tags: None

Re: energy supplier

Who is the company?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      Who is the company?
      EDF is the company

Comment

Hi Robotrobo,

I would give them a call on their free phone number and tell them you are wishing to switch supplier, when they ask you why tell them about the problems you are having and I'm sure they will bend over backwards to keep you as a customer and sort things out quickly. The number is 0800 096 2255.

Good Luck.
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X