• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fashion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fashion

hi everyone I am new to this forum and hoping that some one could help me.
    my boyfriend took out a loan in July 2008, Duration of the agreement was 50 months, and Annual Interest rate 14.16. Amount of credit £8,554.00. The opening balance in October was 11,324.64
    Installments per mth 235.93and interest 97.00 The closing balance in July 2009 was 9,212.25.
    when he took out the agreement he signed a payment protection plan, but was not sure why, hence I think the interest being to high.
    He wrote to the Consumer Credit Services this months regarding the high interest rates we have now received a letter from them, saying that based on the information supplied, together with information received from the lender we believe that he does have a claim.
    The total claim to be worth appox 1,600 to 2,000 . There is a letter of Engagement that they want him to sign and return regarding their charges.
    I am again a little apprehensive in him signing any agreement again, as this got him into this high payment plan in the first place. I believe he owes around 6.000 but not sure.
    Can I check that this letter and agreement is official. alternatively am I able to sort this out myself.

Re: fashion

First question has to be - who are Consumer Credit Services ? A claims management company by the sounds of it.

Okay - when you say the closing balance - was the loan sent to collectors and he still owes £6000 on it ?

The PPI and interest on it is easy enough to reclaim yourself (without paying someone to do it for you as the regulators are pretty much on your side), the refund will more than likely come off the balance of the loan, and the repayment plan adjusted to suit.

How is it currently being repaid ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X