• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

summoned to crown court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summoned to crown court

i been summoned to court over my ex i was the victim now i feel like crimo , is there any way i can get out of it i tried to drop charges i already given statement i really dont wont to go i just wont to move on, the police woman came today she said i have to go but i dont have to speak if i dont wont to but wont that me been held with contempt of court :cry:
    if u can help it be great help thank u x

Re: summoned to crown court

A bit more information wouldn't go amiss.

Comment

sorry , my ex beat me up i wonted him removed and only way was to have him charged , then i wonted to drop charges but no i could not i was told ,today i had a police woman call to my house with a summons to go court in july i explained i just dont wont to go i wont to move on with my kids , she siad i have to go but i dont have to speak but i find that wierd she said if i dont go then i be intempt of court , i went away for week cuz of the stress and the police were at my house 3 times then asking next door if my ex had been around,

Comment

0845 30 30 900 is supportline for Victim Support. They have experience of these kind of situations and will help you through it and understand whats expected of you and what you can expect.

You can't drop the charges unfortunately (or fortunately) as the case is bought by the CPS.

Give VS a call and see what they say.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So I guess the charges are being brought under the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004

They can being these charges with or without your consent, ostensibly this is to relieve you of the burden.

I am sure the female Police Officer will be able to talk you through what will happen and can answer most if not all of your questions.

I am sure they have your best interests and those of your children, at heart.

I appreciate it is a long wait until July for you, but once it is over you will feel a lot better I am sure.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
            A bit more information wouldn't go amiss.
            I appreciate your circumstances, and its natural that you don't want to give too much away as you probably don't trust anyone just now.

Please remember Franjamie that you are the victim here. You concentrate on looking after yourself, confident you are completely in the right. Its your ex who is the asshole.

Amethyst and given some good advice and you will find victim support very supportive.

However, I would go further and strongly recommend that you get in touch with Womens Aid. They have a confidential helpline and here is a link to their web site.

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/?gclid=C...FRyX2AodoTPaIg

Above all, take care, but please get some expert support. If not, unfortunately, these crimes tend to be repeated.

Best of luck to you.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by Amy View Post
            I am sure the female Police Officer will be able to talk you through what will happen and can answer most if not all of your questions.

I am sure they have your best interests and those of your children, at heart.

I appreciate it is a long wait until July for you, but once it is over you will feel a lot better I am sure.

xx
            That is true- all of it. You need support between now and then. There is the chance of a far better and happier time for you and your family after the court case. Thats being honest and having seen women experience similar situations.
            Last edited by orc; 14th May 2010, 17:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are there any other questions we can help with?

Please just ask. If we don't know the answer, we can certainly put you in touch with folk that do.

Comment

If as it appears your under a witness subpoena to attend court & you don't you will be arrested as the court will have issued a warrant against you ............ although unlikely you could also be charged with wasting police time if you now refuse to cooperate particularly as it was you who (rightly IMHO) involved them

Also it would help to know why you want it dropped are you afraid your assailant might attack you again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X