• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi - new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - new member

Hi there

Just signed up this morning and am reading all the introductory pages before asking some questions. It looks like a fantastic resource here with lots of good advice.

Thanks for being there

Notjoe
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Oops - didn't say why I was here.

The thing is I've received a claim form from a solicitors acting for a credit card - HFC - claiming payment of overdue monies. Having read through the forums I've discovered that I need more information in order to make a defence to this claim - namely the CCA for a start - and I'm unsure procedurally on whether I also file at the same time a counterclaim for mis-sold PPI, what with being self-employed.
    Last edited by notasniceasjoe; 22nd February 2010, 14:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Hi - new member

who are the solicitors ? restons ?

can you type up the particulars of claim from the court form pls
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by notasniceasjoe View Post
      Hi there

Just signed up this morning and am reading all the introductory pages before asking some questions. It looks like a fantastic resource here with lots of good advice.

Thanks for being there

Notjoe
      Oops - didn't say why I was here.

The thing is I've received a claim form from a solicitors acting for a credit card - HFC - claiming payment of overdue monies. Having read through the forums I've discovered that I need more information in order to make a defence to this claim - namely the CCA for a start - and I'm unsure procedurally on whether I also file at the same time a counterclaim for mis-sold PPI, what with being self-employed.
      When you took out the PPI, was you made aware that certain benefits would not apply to you as a self employed person?

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
        When you took out the PPI, was you made aware that certain benefits would not apply to you as a self employed person?
        Not at all. I've been self employed for over 20 years and wouldn't have paid for the policy if I'd realised that I'd no chance of making a claim if it were needed.
        Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        who are the solicitors ? restons ?

can you type up the particulars of claim from the court form pls
        It is they.

I'll put the particulars of claim in a thread in the appropriate forum. I guess that the solicitors pore over these forums?
        Last edited by notasniceasjoe; 22nd February 2010, 17:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I expect so, doesnt make them stop adding ridiculous collection charges or rubbsih POCs though

If you are worried you can pm it to me.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks - I've posted it in the appropriate forum - I've already benefited greatly in getting a glimmer of understanding from having read about other folks' cases, so it's the least I can do to put mine up there too.

Comment

[quote=notasniceasjoe;151210]Not at all. I've been self employed for over 20 years and wouldn't have paid for the policy if I'd realised that I'd no chance of making a claim if it were needed.]

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125 Have a look at our PPI section to see how others have tackled their PPI claims. as it certainly looks like you were mis-sold this policy and also were you paying interest on that part of it as well. The chances are that whoever sold you that policy knew you were self employed at that time and you should never have been offered PPI. As a Self employed person myself, I have never ever taken PPI for that very reason.

Tuttsi

Comment

Thanks. I'll certainly do that. I've paid out literally thousands over the years, including a huge lump sum on a bank loan, whilst imagining that the insurance was actually providing cover. What a mug.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X