• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taken up my invite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken up my invite

Hi guys,

I've just joined you after being invited by EXC and natweststaffmember from over on the MoneySavingExpert forums.

It was quite noisy over there and they suggested legalbeagles would have a more appropriate level of discussion.

I'm really passionate about using the law to defend our basic rights and look forward to contributing wherever I can.

Although I have no formal legal training, I have studied formal logic, computer science, economics and philosophy so I can usually keep up with the programme!

My current legal interest is the Supreme Court decision on bank charges and all the various legal attacks still open to us.

Apart from saying hi (which I look forward to), can someone please steer a newbie to the best place he should be right now?

Looking forward to your responses....

Centium5000

Re: Taken up my invite

This is probably a good place to start.

OFT v Banks Judgment 25th November 2009 - 9.45am- Supreme Court - Test case - Legal Beagles

Comment

Welcome to Legal Beagles and look forward to seeing you arround the forums.

Tuttsi

Comment

Thanks guys

Is the 'Thanks' button the Ying-Yang symbol?

Comment

Welcome to Beagles.

The "Thanks" button is this one at the bottom right of each post, although it may not appear to you until you have made 5 posts.

The Ying-Yang symbol is to add reputation to another user similar to the thanks button but mainly used where you feel the poster has imparted a more in depth response, you may also add a personal comment to the poster when using this.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Cheers Tools

I couldn't find it in the FAQ, but that's probably because it's obvious once you've got 5 posts to your name!

Don't worry, I'll be up to speed soon - just a few more pages of the FAQ to read and 22 pages of Supreme Court discussion and I'll be right with you...

Comment

Good lad!

Have a look around the OFT forum OFT Forum - OFT Test Case updates and Information - Legal Beagles

Comment

Glad you accepted the invite and both exc and myself invited you independently of each other but I think your post yesterday re the kinds of discussion you wanted to get involved in kinda helped with that.

Comment

Hello there fellow newbie:-))
                  I was probably a bit more pushy (or cheeky or curious...) and like yourself, came here via MSE. I spotted a post of Ame's there and it was like a shining beacon amongst a lot of shall we say, 'opinions I didn't neccessarily agree with' or messages which were a tad disappointing in their wording... that's not to detract anything from the fantastic work Martin Lewis and his team do, nor the many wonderful people who do give their time and impart their wisdom for the benefit of others... but I digress... yup, so there was Ame's post and I spotted the link to here so without further ado (or invite;-o) I strolled across here to check things out. And am soooo glad I did. You will not find a more supportive, helpful, dedicated or knowledgeable group of people. Welcome, my name is Cat and I think it was about a week ago I joined so like yourself, still finding my feet (or paws:-) and there's such a wealth of info and knowledge, its easy to get sidetracked... I've found if I get a bit lost, I just hit the 'home' button on the top tool bar, or look in the different threads and check most recent dates for posts, that way, you don't find yourself in info relevant PRE- supreme ruling (unless you want to of course)... Ok, sorry for woffling on. Very good to meet you and glad you got here. CatXXX
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Hi Centium,
                  you'll see the ying yang at the top right of a post (right next to the FB icon Diggit etc.) The THANKS icon, you'll find below the post; right next to where it says QUOTE (with a little book and pencil icon) and 2 more book icons which will be the reply with quote and ' quick reply' icons. The Thanks icon is to the right of these> Yup? CatXXX
                  Last edited by catinahat; 3rd December 2009, 06:57:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Don't listen to them, Centium!! - i wandered innocently into here months ago; there's no way out!!!!

Only joking - nice to 'see' you & I hope you have as much fun as I have on this forum.

cnjw
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Centium,

am just re-posting a reply to your message again cos I think I posted it in the wrong place so wasn't sure if you'd get it... here goes... (see? still very newbie I am, lol ) CatXXX
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      LOL :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                      Last edited by catinahat; 3rd December 2009, 07:06:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                        Welcome to Beagles.

The "Thanks" button is this one at the bottom right of each post, although it may not appear to you until you have made 5 posts.

The Ying-Yang symbol is to add reputation to another user similar to the thanks button but mainly used where you feel the poster has imparted a more in depth response, you may also add a personal comment to the poster when using this.
                        I have learnt something new today - thanks Tools I alsways wanted to know how you can add a message to the thanks.

Comment

I'm starting to feel welcome straight away, cheers guys!

Is it true cnjw, now I'm here will I never leave?! Gulp. Sound like the 'Hotel California' by The Eagles.

Glad to meet you too Cat, I agree MSE does some great work but it's fair comment about some of the posts. I still believe it's worthwhile and, like natwest, will continue to post there (albeit to a lesser extent!).

Right I'm off to make myself useful, but I'll check back here to see what other friendly comments have appeared in the meantime.

Will there be 'pink champagne on ice' when I get back?

Comment

lol best you can hope for is appletize

Welcome to Beagles
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X