• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi im new and would like help reclaiming under hardship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im new and would like help reclaiming under hardship

hi im new to this site and would like some help and advice about how to reclaim my bank charges.

i lost my job at the begining of june and am finding it increasingly hard on benefits. my bank carges are over 18months old and i no longer use the acc but it is still open. i was only working for just over 1 year and my bank charges were all wen i was unemployed and reciving benefits (not sure if this makes a difference?)
    i have 2 children a girl of almost 5 and a boy of 4. i have no contact with there father and do not recive any maintanace payments from him.
    i recive child tax credits income support and child benefit. i unfortunatly have debts and a court fine to pay also...i did have some savings altho these were only of £300 and are almost gone as my income is not covering my outgoings im learning to cut back on things but im not sure where i can cut back anymore?
    i have read a few things on this site about how to make a claim but a few stories seem to contradict each other they have obviously worked for each individual but would just like a better explination a clear route of which to take....also the bank in question is halifax does anyone have the numbers or addresses which i need.
    any help would be grately appreciated
    thank you jennifer

Re: hi im new and would like help reclaiming under hardship

Is the account you have now, getting charges?

Unfortunately the account that was incurring charges 18 months ago would not be FH if it is closed or not incurring charges today.

And a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

Comment

hi i now use my lloyds account but the account with charges is still open and is still useable....but i dnt acctually use it i have just recived a new card for the account and still recive statements. and has about £2.34 in it
      thanx
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      also it is not reciving charges still as i cancelled all my direct debits these were where most of my charges came from and thn as i did not have enough to get it out of the red they then went on to charge me interest on the charge they applied if that makes sense.
      Last edited by jenifa; 26th July 2009, 13:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by jenifa View Post
        hi i now use my lloyds account but the account with charges is still open and is still useable....but i dnt acctually use it i have just recived a new card for the account and still recive statements. and has about £2.34 in it
        thanx
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        also it is not reciving charges still as i cancelled all my direct debits these were where most of my charges came from and thn as i did not have enough to get it out of the red they then went on to charge me interest on the charge they applied if that makes sense.
        Firstly, by all means claim back the charges back from 27th July 2001 until today but banks are looking at financial hardship in terms of CURRENT financial hardship which would include bank charges today rather than 18 months ago.
        However, any credit card charges? PPI?

Comment

Hello jenifa and welcome to beagles.
          Here is some info and the criteria for hardship claims, Guide to Claiming Hardship - updated February 2009 - Legal Beagles
          It would also be most helpful if you would fill out the I&E form that we have, here is a link Legal Beagles
          If you prefer to keep your details private then by all means PM them to a member of team and they will get it looked at for you.
          Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
            Firstly, by all means claim back the charges back from 27th July 2001 until today but banks are looking at financial hardship in terms of CURRENT financial hardship which would include bank charges today rather than 18 months ago.
            However, any credit card charges? PPI?
            my financial hardship is current but yes your right im not being charged at present like i sed im using the little amount of savings i have but these are almost gone then i really will be stuck with my outgoins being more thn my income i have contacted debts etc and got my payments down to a min but even after doing this im still not breaking even

Comment

Hi jenifa,

Welcome to the forum.

Please start a thread in the Halifax claims forum, use this link

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...newthread&f=12

The halifax contact details are here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=1333

Good luck and best wishes.
              Hod...liam..
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Hi Jenifa

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Happy has suggested you starting a thread in the Halifax section, but if you are considering claiming under hardship there is a separate section- here ..Hardship Claims - Legal Beagles

Can you please complete an Income and expenditure schedule :-http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=5102
                This will give us a better indication of your hardship. Please list all yours and if you have a partner on a joint basis and include all your fines and o/s bills etc. If you need any help please just ask.

Do you have all your bank statements?

If you have you will need to do a spreadsheet showing your charges - one can be found in the library here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=4776

If you do not have you will need to send a SAR (Subject Access Request) off to Halifax, again this is in the templated letter will be found in the library.

You will also start to collect together all your evidences of being in hardship as defined by the FSA waiver rules to enable Halifax to give consideration to your claim. example if you are in arrears with Mortgage/rent, utilities, any current court documents showing that you owe money and summary of charges.

Tuttsi
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 26th July 2009, 14:25:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X