• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil National Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil National Business Centre

I am new to this and so I don't know if anyone else has made a similar post, but I have lodged a claim with CNBC against the builder of my house. I was told by the CNBC that following service of The Particulars of Claim, the Defendant made no response. I therefore applied for Judgement to be entered, having allowed sufficient time to do so. Since then, 22 July 2024, I have heard nothing from the CNBC. My understanding is that I need a copy of that Judgment to pursue my claim, but despite, emails, letters, recorded delivery letters and phoning and it never being answered even after 90 minutes, I have had no response from them. What can I do? I need the money that I am claiming but the Defendant must by now be thinking that I am not going to pursue my claim. Please can someone help me.
    Thank you. Tricia P.S. The local County Court would be Torquay for the Builder but when I took the papers there they told me to put it in an external box, which I did, they were then returned telling me I had to send them to Northampton. I had to this via hard copies because the Defendant is a limited company, so I can't deal with it on line.
    Tags: None

Others will no doubt answer you additional points, but you need to ring the moment the lines open in the morning (8:30am?) and then hang on - I successfully got through (x3) that way (shortest wait; 5min- longest wait; 20min).

Comment

A similar experience happened to me. When I phoned CNBC I was told that that published target times were increasing week by week and they were unable to tell me whether the defendant had filed a defence. I filed the request for judgement and waited. Weeks later my request was returned and refused as the defendant had filed a defence.
      I have read that if the defence is filed before the ccj is issued, the claim normally proceeds
      Civil Litigation Brief 22 July 2019:
      Recent cases support the view that a default judgement is not regular if it is made after the defendant has filed a defence even if the defence is filed late
      Last edited by Pezza54; 31st August 2024, 16:57:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
        A similar experience happened to me. When I phoned CNBC I was told that that published target times were increasing week by week and they were unable to tell me whether the defendant had filed a defence. I filed the request for judgement and waited. Weeks later my request was returned and refused as the defendant had filed a defence.
        I have read that if the defence is filed before the ccj is issued, the claim normally proceeds
        Civil Litigation Brief 22 July 2019:
        Recent cases support the view that a default judgement is not regular if it is made after the defendant has filed a defence even if the defence is filed late
        Thank you. Very helpful, but frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryS57 View Post
          Others will no doubt answer you additional points, but you need to ring the moment the lines open in the morning (8:30am?) and then hang on - I successfully got through (x3) that way (shortest wait; 5min- longest wait; 20min).
          Thank you. I will try that - better than my 'no response' after 90 minutes, I thought I'd go mad listening to the so-called music!

Comment

Lodge a complaint via email, address it to the Court Manager.
            There is a complaints procedure (there maybe backlogs etc, that's not your problem, they asked for fees, they need to do 'what it says on the tin).

Comment

Thanks. I have filled in their on line complaint form, but I guess that will be as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia239 View Post
                Thanks. I have filled in their on line complaint form, but I guess that will be as useful as a chocolate teapot!
                Update when you get a response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X