• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Finance agreement not given by salesman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Finance agreement not given by salesman

I bought a car from a main car dealer, finance was with creation finance, salesman said that the finance company would send me a copy of the agreement that I had signed but they never did. I asked for it on three separate occasions, this was two years ago and they only last week sent me a reconstituted agreement. I think therefore they are at fault as I think also they have taken away my 14 day cooling off period rights and the contract I have is nul and void. Do any Legalbeagles know of the legislation Act that I would need to look at that protects my rights as a purchaser if no finance agreement has been given at the time of purchase. Thank you kindly
    Tags: None

Hi Lord Ingrow

Welcome to LB

The Consumer Rights Act 2015

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134

Comment

Thank you very much for that some long reading tonight for me

Comment

Thank you for your welcome, do these regulations cover distance selling, and do you think that the agreement signed in a motor vehicles showroom with the finance being carried out at premises elsewhere is a distant sale?

Comment

The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 covers distance selling
          The contract was signed on premises so not a distance sale

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Ingrow View Post
            Thank you for your welcome, do these regulations cover distance selling, and do you think that the agreement signed in a motor vehicles showroom with the finance being carried out at premises elsewhere is a distant sale?
            Agree with PEZZA.

More info, you should have received documentation at the time when the sale was completed.

https://www.businesscompanion.info/e...premises-sales

Comment

Thank you so very much ECHAT11

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X