• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can I convince my company to remove PILON from my settlement agreement by 26 Jul?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I convince my company to remove PILON from my settlement agreement by 26 Jul?

My company has been doing the bare minimum to 'help' with my redundancy consultation:
    1. They provided the 'suitable alternative employment' but asked me to applied for it like an external candidate
    2. They rejected all my job applications internally and used very subjective lines for rejections.
    3. They still want to proceed with my redundancy consultation process even though I am on sick leave
    4. They only gave me a very short period of time to review the settlement agreement, the deadline is 4pm BST 26 Jul 2024.
    5. I raised a grievance letter for concerning of unfair dismissal and potential indirect discrimination to the more senior HR people but still, I only sent it today...I am very concerned it might be too late. (23 Jul 2024)
    6. They insisted to activate PILON, but to be honest it's the same to them in terms of pay. I need to extend my employment time as long as possible as I am on a skilled worker visa

I want the company to remove PILON on me as I am on a skilled worker visa, and give me back the 4-week notice. But they are so firm on activating the PILON, I only have until 4PM BST 26 Jul to review my Settlement Agreement. What should I do?
    ​​​​​​
    Tags: None

You cannot compel this through any legal process. You will need to use your powers of persuasion.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

If you are being asked to sign a settlement agreement, then as part of signing such a document you are required to take independent legal advice for which your company will make a contribution to your legal costs. Can I suggest that you therefore speak to an employment law advisor who can then start liaising with your employer on your behalf.

Employers often given deadlines to employees to review documents but they are often extended particularly of you have engaged a solicitor.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X