• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link financial

In 2007 I had a messy divorce the house was repossed and I had to move I had a mob a credit card and am unsure whether it a
    had a ccj link send me statements but have now said they want to send resolvecall round to get me back in touch with them I have never acknowledged this debt it is 17 years old and wonder where I now stand with this any help is really appreciated thanks
    Tags: None

Hi Forncett

Welcome to LB

I would send Link Financial a Satute Barred Letter, see what they respond with.

Even if they have a CCJ, they would struggle to act on it because of the time that's lapsed.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage -

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Have a Statute Barred Letter in an envelope, if Resolvecall visit just hand them the envelope. (Resolvecall have no powers).

Comment

Thankyou I checked a statement and link bought the debt in 2008 so I think they are trying their luck to scare me into paying them but I shall do as you said and send the letter as the ccj would of run out in 2013 so I can’t see them getting it extended now after 11 years

Comment

Originally posted by Forncett View Post
        Thankyou I checked a statement and link bought the debt in 2008 so I think they are trying their luck to scare me into paying them but I shall do as you said and send the letter as the ccj would of run out in 2013 so I can’t see them getting it extended now after 11 years
        If they have a CCJ, then it can't be Statute Barred, but as you state, the Court wouldn't entertain the CCJ, they would need a very good reason why they hadn't acted a long time ago.

Comment

Thankyou how do you suggest I move forward with this thanks

Comment

Thankyou how do you suggest I move forward with this thanks
            Post 2, you don't know if you have a CCJ, I would send the Statue Barred Letter, see what they come back with?
            Update the thread. once you get a response.

Comment

Hi there i spoke to National debtline today and im so confused as they seem to think that if a ccj was given in 2007 it would still be enforceable, but to send the statue barred letter and see what happens resolvecall put a card through the door today but im not going to phone them please can someone help me im Worried sick now that this is still enforceable Link have never mentioned a ccj or given me a court reference
              Kind regards

Comment

Hi there i spoke to National debtline today and im so confused as they seem to think that if a ccj was given in 2007 it would still be enforceable, but to send the statue barred letter and see what happens resolvecall put a card through the door today but im not going to phone them please can someone help me im Worried sick now that this is still enforceable Link have never mentioned a ccj or given me a court reference
                Kind regards
                a) they seem to think that if a ccj was given in 2007 it would still be enforceable,

Read post 2 again.

b) but to send the statue barred letter and see what happens

Read post 2 again.

c) resolvecall put a card through the door today but im not going to phone them

ResolveCall has no powers, they just carry out 'futile' home visits.

d) please can someone help me im Worried sick now that this is still enforceable Link have never mentioned a ccj or given me a court reference

You've answered your own worries in bold.

Comment

Thanks for this and im sorry for the questions i have read the statue barred letter and it says where no contact they do send statements but I've never acknowledged anything will i still be able to do statue barred i have it written out Ready to send

Comment

Thanks for this and im sorry for the questions i have read the statue barred letter and it says where no contact they do send statements but I've never acknowledged anything will i still be able to do statue barred i have it written out Ready to send
                    Try to stay calm. I don't think them sending 'statements' matters.

Yes, send the letter, reassess your position when you get a response.

Comment

Hi there so the response i got today was thankyou for your letter, the( statue barred one) and please accept this as acknowledgement of your dispute and it has been assigned to there complaints and resolution team and they endeavour to get back to me within 4 weeks still no mention of ccj or anything shall i just sit wait and see what they come back with or should I be worried
                      Thanks Forncett

Comment

Hi there so the response i got today was thankyou for your letter, the( statue barred one) and please accept this as acknowledgement of your dispute and it has been assigned to there complaints and resolution team and they endeavour to get back to me within 4 weeks still no mention of ccj or anything shall i just sit wait and see what they come back with or should I be worried
                        Thanks Forncett
                        Wait until they respond to your letter.
                        You have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Thankyou very much i will keep you posted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X