• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car part problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car part problem

Hello all

I had new clutch fitted and it failed straightaway. I've asked the garage what was the part they fitted, I'd like to know if it's new, a legit part etc. But they are refusing to tell me anything about it. They have said I have no right to know. Is this correct? Thanks
    Tags: None

of course it isn't.

You may consider whether this is the garage you wish to patronise on future occasions.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Surely i have a right to check if the part was actually changed?
      Last edited by alexT123; 9th December 2023, 14:44:PM.

Comment

What guarantee did the garage give you on the replacement clutch?
        A decent garage should provide a 2 year or 20k mile warranty.
        Replacing a clutch is labour intensive so its going to cost the garage to redo the job.

Comment

You have that right Alex.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Pezza. Yes the garage is saying they will change the clutch but the relationship has long broken down. Firstly I took the car back and he inspected it, made an adjustment, which improved the clutch for about a week, then it went back to slipping. I then messaged him to say i still have the problem. He was then ignoring me for months. I then sent a firm message and he replied in a very aggressive manor. I wouldn't now trust him with my car.

Attius if I have that right, how can I verify the clutch I now have on the car? I always suspected it wasn't changed as when I went to the garage they were shocked another car had turned up.

Comment

Get someone who knows about these things to have a look, alet123

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X