• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank smart symmetric systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunbury on thames i have found a lot of old emails from bank smart on an old lap top i will try and get them sorted

Comment

Originally posted by DANNYBOY62 View Post
      sunbury on thames i have found a lot of old emails from bank smart on an old lap top i will try and get them sorted
      Ok thanks, do you know what date exactly when you moved from there?

Comment

15th feb 2019

Comment

Ok. Send me everything you have when you've found it all.

Comment

Sorry to jump on, I have had a similar issue arise today!

my Mum, who is very unwell with heart failure, is being hounded by someone from court trying to collect £3.5k debt supposedly owed to Bank Smart.

My mum had applied for them to look at her PPI around 8 years ago, had never heard anything from them again. She was then contacted asking to provide bank details for payment around 2 months ago, and this week a hand delivered letter demanding the money and the number to contact.

what are my best steps here? Nothing was ever carried out, no money received through bank smart should I contact the ombudsman first?

neither of my parents are able to work due to illness, have little to no income and this is causing my mum to really struggle.

any help hugely appreciated.

Comment

EXC just to alert to your attention

Comment

Originally posted by Kgwil View Post
                Sorry to jump on, I have had a similar issue arise today!

my Mum, who is very unwell with heart failure, is being hounded by someone from court trying to collect £3.5k debt supposedly owed to Bank Smart.

My mum had applied for them to look at her PPI around 8 years ago, had never heard anything from them again. She was then contacted asking to provide bank details for payment around 2 months ago, and this week a hand delivered letter demanding the money and the number to contact.

what are my best steps here? Nothing was ever carried out, no money received through bank smart should I contact the ombudsman first?

neither of my parents are able to work due to illness, have little to no income and this is causing my mum to really struggle.

any help hugely appreciated.
                Hiya

Broadly speaking, if she never got any PPI through them, they shouldn't be pursuing her. The FCA banned them from pursuing breach of contract and cancellation fees.

Do you know if Bank Smart got a County Court judgment against her?

Send me the hand delivered letter and any other correspondence to nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com and I'll take a look.

Comment

EXC thanj you so much, I’ll send this to you today

Comment

hello again nick i had to put my old computer in to the repair shop . we have now got e mails going back about 7 years and i send you on as many as i think might be of use to you they are mostly requests telling me to go in and view my invoices but when i tried it says the account is blocked so i have no way of knowiing how they arrived at their figures. regarding the ccj i went on to trust online and entered the number but nothing showed upi then tried to call kingston crown court but i spent hours trying to get through to no avail frustrating i have now sent off a letter to them with a copy ofthe ccj to see if it really is genuine the figure at the mediation was £3000 of which i paid them £1200 in one payment and six payments of £75 totaling £1650 in total leaving a balance of £1350 so where they got the figure of £2550 which is on the ccj i do not know .you will see proof of these figures on one the emails photos attached is there any way i can find out if the ccj they have sent me is genuine thats i think is the key to all bank smarts shenanigans if you go on trust pilot and other web sites bank smart are just scum they have been cited by the fca and how they are still allowed to harass people and get away with it i will never know you have my permission to pursue if the ccj is genuine you might have more knowledge than i have of how this is done or advice on how i can do it my wife and i are both tired out drained from the whole thin and my computer repairs cost us £65 which we can ill afford coming on christmas thank you nick for being there for us i will now send the photos as promised

Comment

sorrry nick i forgot to mention that there is no mention of any ccj s on my credit file either very strange dont you think

Comment

Yes that is a bit odd but I can't help you with why. It might be because you agreed to pay it. It's very difficult for me to advise as this is a complicated situation that has obviously gone on for years and trying to piece what has happened with odd bits of emails etc is very difficult. It looks like a legitimate judgment to me.

But as far as I can see you would have received the court claim and the judgment at the address you were living at before you moved so it would be difficult to say you didn't receive it. Plus there is evidence from what you sent that you formally agreed to a repayment plan on the back of it. As you didn't stick to it they are now going to enforce the balance of the judgment.

I don't think you have any choice but see if you can came to an arrangement with them to pay it off at a rate you can afford.

Comment

hello again agreed to that because as you knowi was under tremendous pressure what with the repossesion date hanging over me i tried time and time again to try and deal with them to no avail they just kept increasing the amount i owed them with no proof you believe the ccj is genuine well i think its worth pursuing to make sure it is if is as you believe it is you are saying that black horse have me over a barrell if it is not then black horse are commiting fraud which as you are aware is very serious that is why i am trying to find out one way or the other if it is genuine i will have to find anoher way of getting them off my back for the record im sure you will have picked it up that their charges are based on 20%commission on moneys paid back what moneys i got nothing back so their charges are all fabricated im not the only one they have done and are still doing this to its unbelievable they can get away with it sorry for being such a nuisance to you nick on this saturday morning i know if you could help me you woud but SYMMETRIC /BANK SMART but you are not the only one who they have bamboozled im afraid iwill keep you informed on going thank you and i wish you and all you hold dear a very happy and joyful christmas

Comment

should read BANK SMART NOT BLACK HORSE a FREUDIAN SLIP

Comment

Unfortunately it would be difficult for you to now successfully argue that you didn't get the PPI for the commission they charged as you admitted the judgment amount and formally agreed to pay it via the court mediation process.

By all means try and verify the judgment with the court. It occurred to me that the reason that you can't see the judgment on your credit file or Trust Online could possibly because the judgment is in both of your names as defendant 1 &2, rather than just one of you individually, but I couldn't be sure.

I really hope you can get this sorted!

Comment

thanks nick the number of the case should be sufficient i hope the fact of going to mediation was to try and get them off my back stupid i know now but as they say the best plan in any war is HINDSIGHT i will of course keep you informed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X