• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can UK citizens to sue the Home Office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This dog who shall not be named - surely it wasn't Voldemort?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      This dog who shall not be named - surely it wasn't Voldemort?
      maybe

Comment

Another update, Braintree council had an appeal against the refusal of an injunction to stop work at Wethersfield. Our council WLDC attached itself to the case querying the use of Class Q emergency by the Home office. Braintree lost and the court decided it didn’t want to comment on the use of Class Q so as not to restrict a later case.

A hearing for permission for WLDC, Braintree council and the individual I mentioned, to have a judicial review will be heard on 12th and 13th July.

Serving MOD personnel who still live on the base have had two meetings with the home office. The home office still hasn’t met with or given any information to the rest of us plebs who live on the base owning our own properties, at this point we know we are of little importance to them.

The removal of the dog who shall not be named will be considered at an open planning committee on 6th July, I fear this meeting will be a flash point for all the worry and frustration felt by locals and I don’t plan on attending.

In the meantime I organised a leafleting event on traffic queuing for the lincolnshire show last Wednesday and Thursday, asking people to sign the petition and giving out further information. There weren’t many of us, mostly residents but three volunteers turned up from further afield who helped out and then said they belonged to “Patriotic Alternative” as we all left. At 00.26 Sunday morning my door cam filmed an armed police officer crossing my front lawn onto the path, looking at my house number and the scuttling off when my neighbours security light came on? Should I be worried?

Is there any legal process by which we can put the Home office on notice that should any ill befall any resident they will be accountable?

I found the following:

“Negligence is a tort and actionable in the civil courts. Essentially, negligence is typically the failure to act with due care causing harm to someone else. Harm can include personal injury, damage to property, and economic loss.”

How would we go about notifying them of the intention to sue should any of the above happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Rattus View Post
          Another update, Braintree council had an appeal against the refusal of an injunction to stop work at Wethersfield. Our council WLDC attached itself to the case querying the use of Class Q emergency by the Home office. Braintree lost and the court decided it didn’t want to comment on the use of Class Q so as not to restrict a later case.

A hearing for permission for WLDC, Braintree council and the individual I mentioned, to have a judicial review will be heard on 12th and 13th July.

Serving MOD personnel who still live on the base have had two meetings with the home office. The home office still hasn’t met with or given any information to the rest of us plebs who live on the base owning our own properties, at this point we know we are of little importance to them.

The removal of the dog who shall not be named will be considered at an open planning committee on 6th July, I fear this meeting will be a flash point for all the worry and frustration felt by locals and I don’t plan on attending.

In the meantime I organised a leafleting event on traffic queuing for the lincolnshire show last Wednesday and Thursday, asking people to sign the petition and giving out further information. There weren’t many of us, mostly residents but three volunteers turned up from further afield who helped out and then said they belonged to “Patriotic Alternative” as we all left. At 00.26 Sunday morning my door cam filmed an armed police officer crossing my front lawn onto the path, looking at my house number and the scuttling off when my neighbours security light came on? Should I be worried?

Is there any legal process by which we can put the Home office on notice that should any ill befall any resident they will be accountable?

I found the following:

“Negligence is a tort and actionable in the civil courts. Essentially, negligence is typically the failure to act with due care causing harm to someone else. Harm can include personal injury, damage to property, and economic loss.”

How would we go about notifying them of the intention to sue should any of the above happen?
          We’re now told lincolnshire police are to be given £1.8million specifically to deal with the asylum centre, so they absolutely know they are about to drop a boat load (pun intended) of trouble on our doorsteps! How can this not be illegal?

Comment

We’re now told lincolnshire police are to be given £1.8million specifically to deal with the asylum centre, so they absolutely know they are about to drop a boat load (pun intended) of trouble on our doorsteps! How can this not be illegal?
            Because they all have stocks and shares in the company's making / stealing money off us.

This is how it goes.

Top level MPs and cabinet members, invest in Black-rock, Vanguard and street-smart directly,

Local Mps, Ward Councillors,, accountants and solicitors ( parasite Class ) invest in the companies that Back-rock / Vangaurd subcontract to ( Capita , paragon , etc and the management companies )

Everyone underneath these get chucked money / gooddies from the local regeneration frauds.

This is what we end up with after letting accountants and solicitors run the administrations , a Parasite class of expectant fat pigs, who then think its normal to project there perversions and ungodliness on us and our family's..

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

As a newly elected ward councillor (for the first time) I protest about being lumped in with those of whom you speak. I stood for election to make things better for residents of the area I love and have no intention of being a "parasite...fat pig", I also live in the area I serve so any "ungodliness" would affect me also...

Comment

I'm surprised this isn't out there on social media, police using 'commando tactics', dawn raids etc.

I can just imagine the 'headlines', 'Floodlights foil raid' or 'Raid foiled by floodlights' or 'Floodlights work'.

'At 00.26 Sunday morning my door cam filmed an armed police officer crossing my front lawn onto the path, looking at my house number and the scuttling off when my neighbours security light came on? Should I be worried?'

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                  As a newly elected ward councillor (for the first time) I protest about being lumped in with those of whom you speak. I stood for election to make things better for residents of the area I love and have no intention of being a "parasite...fat pig", I also live in the area I serve so any "ungodliness" would affect me also...
                  You do get good Councillors, plus 'he doesn't know you from eve', so I'm sure no offence meant.

I think the comments are about the 'system', the fact that children and adults are going hungry in Great Britain in 2023, says it all.

Comment

Another update..........

Yes be concerned, maybe ask them why they was on your lawn , formally, so they have to answer formally. , Check your internet connection ( were it comes into the house. see if itd been messed with )

It may have been purposeful, to scare you off. asking threm why theres an armed copper on your lawn at that time, ( do it nicley ) may make them back off.

Am not paranoid, am experienced.

crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post

Yes be concerned, maybe ask them why they was on your lawn , formally, so they have to answer formally. , Check your internet connection ( were it comes into the house. see if itd been messed with )

It may have been purposeful, to scare you off. asking threm why theres an armed copper on your lawn at that time, ( do it nicley ) may make them back off.

Am not paranoid, am experienced.
                      Just to add, you could send them a SAR request. You could get a high profile firm of solicitors (pro bono) involved.

Comment

[QUOTE=echat11;n1648998]I'm surprised this isn't out there on social media, police using 'commando tactics', dawn raids etc.

I can just imagine the 'headlines', 'Floodlights foil raid' or 'Raid foiled by floodlights' or 'Floodlights work'.

I did not suggest it was a raid!
                        I was simply concerned that just three days after I finally put my head above the parapet and tried to do something for my community and against the home office, I had an armed police officer walking across my lawn then standing on my path at half passed midnight? He can’t have missed the camera so knew he’d be filmed? If he’d stayed on the footpath my camera wouldn’t have recorded him. Only one other person I know of captured him on her camera, he just walked passed on the footpath and didn’t glance at her property; and as you can imagine, recently loads of people have had cameras fitted.
                        I’m thinking most people would be a bit concerned, especially in a small, isolated community like ours where nothing much happens.
                        I’d share the footage so you could see for yourself but the officer is clearly identifiable as he looks straight into the camera.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rattus;n1649255]
                          Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                          I'm surprised this isn't out there on social media, police using 'commando tactics', dawn raids etc.

I did not suggest it was a raid!
                          I was simply concerned that just three days after I finally put my head above the parapet and tried to do something for my community and against the home office, I had an armed police officer walking across my lawn then standing on my path at half passed midnight? He can’t have missed the camera so knew he’d be filmed? If he’d stayed on the footpath my camera wouldn’t have recorded him. Only one other person I know of captured him on her camera, he just walked passed on the footpath and didn’t glance at her property; and as you can imagine, recently loads of people have had cameras fitted.
                          I’m thinking most people would be a bit concerned, especially in a small, isolated community like ours where nothing much happens.
                          I’d share the footage so you could see for yourself but the officer is clearly identifiable as he looks straight into the camera.
                          A bit of 'artistic' license, you know the media like to 'inflate' events - 'I'm surprised this isn't out there on social media, police using 'commando tactics', dawn raids etc. I can just imagine the 'headlines', 'Floodlights foil raid' or 'Raid foiled by floodlights' or 'Floodlights work'.

Ironically police information gathering has been in the news just yesterday.

Comment

Hi Rattus . My suggestion is start looking for whos getting paid to put them there and use that angle, i will see what i can dig out over the next few days. .

Comment

[QUOTE=echat11;n1649271]

A bit of 'artistic' license, you know the media like to 'inflate' events - 'I'm surprised this isn't out there on social media, police using 'commando tactics', dawn raids etc. I can just imagine the 'headlines', 'Floodlights foil raid' or 'Raid foiled by floodlights' or 'Floodlights work'.

Ironically police information gathering has been in the news just yesterday.
                              Sorry for misunderstanding you, we’re all feeling the pressure here! When those in power decide to utterly upend your life but won’t answer the simplest questions from you, won’t give you any information directly, make you rely on scraps in the press which are often inaccurate, you begin to feel overlooked and dismissed out of hand.
                              You try to speak up for the community to the press and people jump on you, you’re a racist NIMBY far right Nazi etc etc
                              You organise leafleting and armed police sneak round your house under cover of darkness! You sit with banners at the main gate to raise awareness and the police hang about, ask for your details, take your reg number!
                              We are in way over our heads having been forced there overnight, with seemingly no means of redress.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                                Hi Rattus . My suggestion is start looking for whos getting paid to put them there and use that angle, i will see what i can dig out over the next few days. .
                                SERCO

My more cynical husband also has a theory about the £300million private investment package by Scampton Holdings Ltd. To preserve the heritage buildings on site as they wish to do will cost a small fortune, similarly for the upgrading of services on/to the site. (There are also issues with contamination eg asbestos, aviation fuel, fire retardants, possible ordinance.)
                                It would be fortunate indeed if the government were to come along and spend tax payers money doing the bulk of the expensive works (rumours suggest budget of £2billion) allowing the private investors to step in a little later and reap the rewards for a fraction of the original cost?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X