• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance to Coast loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance to Coast loan

I have a loan that started with Welcome but was sold to Coast, I'm sure the amount left is incorrect but Coast don't have full statements from when Welcome owned it. I'm sure the amount that is left is wrong, but can't find anyone to help with looking into this. I've tried the Ombudsman with little help. Any Ideas?
    Tags: None

Subject Access Request Letter send this to them get free proof of poosting keep a file in date order> that should tell you all they know or not? for starters.

echat11 may have some other idea as well?

Comment

Have you got dates when the loan was taken out?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
        Have you got dates when the loan was taken out?
        I think it was about 2005 when it was taken out, I had some arrears but ended up with over £4000 in extra interest

Comment

So you complained to the FOS, what did they say?

They say you owe this money, they need to provide statements to back that up.

Otherwise they are 'plucking figures out of thin air'.

They also need to provide you with a copy of the agreement, 2005, that will be difficult for them.

Comment

So you complained to the FOS, what did they say?

They say you owe this money, they need to provide statements to back that up.

Otherwise they are 'plucking figures out of thin air'.

They also need to provide you with a copy of the agreement, 2005, that will be difficult for them.
            They have the agreement but not all of the statements, tried the FOS but they said they couldn't do anything

Comment

Originally posted by BigGJM View Post

They have the agreement but not all of the statements, tried the FOS but they said they couldn't do anything
              So what is your position on the debt?

Comment

So what is your position on the debt?
                My position is I'm still paying the debt, but I'm sure the amount left is incorrect.

Comment

EXC might be able to help in this situation. As said previously they need to back up any figures with statements.

Comment

EXC might be able to help in this situation. As said previously they need to back up any figures with statements.
                    Sorry, not my area I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGJM View Post

My position is I'm still paying the debt, but I'm sure the amount left is incorrect.
                      a) I personally would raise a dispute with them in writing (follow their complaints procedure, it will be on their website),
                      Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

b) In your letter tell them the amount is 'incorrect'. If they say the amount is 'correct', tell them you want proof, i.e. full statements etc.
                      In the meantime, stop paying them, put the money aside, just in case the rest of the statements are produced.

c) Make a low offer to settle the account £200. Update the thread.

d) Did you have PPI on the account?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X