• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial Help

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping I can get some advice before I make a mistake and commit myself unnecessarily.

I have been contacted by post, email, text and phone calls from Link Financial Outsourcing.

I unluckily answered a call to them today in regards to a barclaycard debt I defaulted on due to immediate redundancy in sept 2019.

I tried sorting a payment plan through Barclaycard directly in Feb 2020 but said they could not accept any payment due to my income being in deficit.

I didn't hear from them again.

Mid December, I got email from Link and letter from Barclays saying that Link has taken it on.

I caught on the call with them today where she went through a income, expenditure and conceded that I had -£125 a month deficit. Somehow, she asked me to make an offer each month for £20 by durect debit to start in Feb. She caught me at a distraction as i was working and my dog being a handful !

After putting the phone down, I doubting myself.

Questions are: Do i pay it? Do I ask for CCA copy? If I do is that admission of debt? Im 2.5 yrs in not paying. Think account was opened around 2012 ish.

Please help , debt is 6k and my ownly debt. I live in housing association and have no assets.

Thank you

Vix
    Tags: None

Hi Vix

The debt isn't statute barred although the account was opened in 2012. You'd been making payments upto September 2019.

It's not a priority debt, so if you can't make a payment after going through an income and expenditure form, so be it. Then you don't make a payment until your circumstances change.

a) Send Link Financial a CCA request they have 14 days to provide you with a copy of your original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

b) Send Barclay's a SAR, they have 30 days to provide all the details on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

c) Send the following letter to Link Financial, amend it to suit your circumstances, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...tors---letter/

Don't speak to them over the phone, everything in writing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X