• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Trades Career 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trades Career 2021

Hi

Just thought I would start a new up to date post as the last one is from 2019, I am sure a lot of you are in the same position.

I signed up to New Trades Careers for the Full Scope Electrical Course, weekend edition in January 2020.

£180 a month with an initial cash payment of £60, so a loan to Carnegie Consumer Finance of £7740 for a total cost of £7800.

Yes, this has been a nightmare, luckily I am earning enough to get by but it is very unwelcome.

I started to have initial issues when it got to completing the "Pre Workshop Assessment" Tests, this 35 or 45 question multiple choice test.
    After failing, you must wait 7 days to retry, this was not helped by the fact some of the questions where very confusing. Attempts 3 and 4 I literally googled each answer, second monitor screen and even then managed to fail it.

I genuinely believe you cannot pass it, unless the pass mark is 100% because the tutors claim it is not run by them and they do not have the answers, you will get sent a paper copy, this was 36 PAGES of MULTIPLE PART questions, this took me a few hours over a couple weeks to complete there was so much of it.

I have read the terrible reviews, I am way past my cool off date of 14 days being 16 months later of paying £180 a month.

I am currently in the process of trying to get out of the contract as I believe I have found something in my paperwork I was supplied on initial sign up to be untrue, I have reported this to the financial ombudsman but I am not holding my breath, I will post a link to the other thread which clearly states and has links to all the other failed attempts of coming out of the contract.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-trades-career

Decision Reference DRN-1926698 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

I however have not found them mention anything related to what I have found, I will post my results when I receive some correspondence back.

If you are trying to get out of the contract, if you signed it and you are reading this, you are more than likely stuck as I have read through all 13 of the Decision References in regards to people trying to get out of this contract. I even checked the terms and it even says in the event YOU DIE, you are still liable.

They did the hardsell, got my partner involved, asked all the right questions like did I want a trade for life and did I want to double my salary, shown me reviews and stuff.

One thing I wish I saw, look at any video on the website and training videos, not one person mentions a last name at any point. Also they have setup a fake website that literally only has reviews for New Trades Careers, also with the amount I have looked through, you can see the copy and paste reviews saying how great the instructors are at the Featherstone Campus.

I wish I saw this before I signed up into this mess.

Tags: None

Hi Proudy, Please consider joining our Discord Group where we discuss all about these issues. > https://discord.gg/nC8WX5t8

Comment

If there's still a legal battle against NTC, I'd like in please, been looking for some kind of group litigation to join against them, been building up what I can from the start and have already got legal council started on my own. Don't have enough on my own. Just joined discord but the link is now expired.

Comment

Niska48 please join here > https://discord.gg/nC8WX5t8

Comment

Originally posted by thomas88 View Post
          hi!! in the same boat! is there still a chat going??

Comment

Originally posted by james010101 View Post

hi!! in the same boat! is there still a chat going??
            thomas88

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Hi

Just thought I would start a new up to date post as the last one is from 2019, I am sure a lot of you are in the same position.

I signed up to New Trades Careers for the Full Scope Electrical Course, weekend edition in January 2020.

£180 a month with an initial cash payment of £60, so a loan to Carnegie Consumer Finance of £7740 for a total cost of £7800.

Yes, this has been a nightmare, luckily I am earning enough to get by but it is very unwelcome.

I started to have initial issues when it got to completing the "Pre Workshop Assessment" Tests, this 35 or 45 question multiple choice test.
              After failing, you must wait 7 days to retry, this was not helped by the fact some of the questions where very confusing. Attempts 3 and 4 I literally googled each answer, second monitor screen and even then managed to fail it.

I genuinely believe you cannot pass it, unless the pass mark is 100% because the tutors claim it is not run by them and they do not have the answers, you will get sent a paper copy, this was 36 PAGES of MULTIPLE PART questions, this took me a few hours over a couple weeks to complete there was so much of it.

I have read the terrible reviews, I am way past my cool off date of 14 days being 16 months later of paying £180 a month.

I am currently in the process of trying to get out of the contract as I believe I have found something in my paperwork I was supplied on initial sign up to be untrue, I have reported this to the financial ombudsman but I am not holding my breath, I will post a link to the other thread which clearly states and has links to all the other failed attempts of coming out of the contract.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-trades-career

Decision Reference DRN-1926698 (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

I however have not found them mention anything related to what I have found, I will post my results when I receive some correspondence back.

If you are trying to get out of the contract, if you signed it and you are reading this, you are more than likely stuck as I have read through all 13 of the Decision References in regards to people trying to get out of this contract. I even checked the terms and it even says in the event YOU DIE, you are still liable.

They did the hardsell, got my partner involved, asked all the right questions like did I want a trade for life and did I want to double my salary, shown me reviews and stuff.

One thing I wish I saw, look at any video on the website and training videos, not one person mentions a last name at any point. Also they have setup a fake website that literally only has reviews for New Trades Careers, also with the amount I have looked through, you can see the copy and paste reviews saying how great the instructors are at the Featherstone Campus.

I wish I saw this before I signed up into this mess.
              hey, in the same boat! have you had a reply yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Niska48 View Post
                If there's still a legal battle against NTC, I'd like in please, been looking for some kind of group litigation to join against them, been building up what I can from the start and have already got legal council started on my own. Don't have enough on my own. Just joined discord but the link is now expired.
                hey! whats happened so far? im paying for this course getting completely scammed! help!

Comment

Originally posted by james010101 View Post

hey! whats happened so far? im paying for this course getting completely scammed! help!
                  thomas88

Comment

hi has any passed the health and saftey test to get onto site. and has anyone acctually recieved the qualification? thanks

Comment

Is there still a discord for this? I’ve failed the exam twice now and referred to notes

Comment

Please join here AH1997 https://discord.gg/gsGFDqGbwc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X