• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi finance

Hi
    I have a dispute with Audi finance at the moment. I terminated our pcp after the term finished as the car was valued at 4000 less than the settalment figure. The paperwork was submitted but no collection date was given estimate 2/3 weeks we had to continue to insure. In the end after many calls the car was collected after 51 days. When they sent the bill for access mileage which I was expecting I issued them with a storage charge for the 51 days as we are a commercial business and could have let that space. The reply to this was that as per terms and conditions I am responsible for insuring and looking after the vehicle until collection.
    My response was that I would consider 14days to be a reasonable time to have to mind their vehicle and reduced the bill to 34 days. I await their reply .
    What do you think please?
    Tags: None

You can't unilaterally impose charges on someone without them agreeing to it, let alone doing it retrospectively as it seems you are doing here. If the contract was entered into as a business contract then your rights are limited and you would likely have had to bear the cost of insuring although 51 days seems an unreasonable time. If you entered into the contract as a consumer it's possible you didn't have to insure beyond the termination date but you chose to anyway.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi there. I have a hire-purchase agreement with Audi through Volkswagen Financial Services. I have nearly paid 50% of full payment and would like to undergo voluntary termination. I believe this can happen when 50% has been paid. However, in my contract, they state that termination can occur once four-fifths have been paid. Audi are now saying that I am not eligible for 50 % voluntary termination as the car is in a business name. Does this affect my right to terminate?

Comment

laurawindel Can you create a thread of your own and not hijack somebody elses active thread. Gets confusing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X