• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tv licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The television licence was introduced in June 1946 to coincide with the post-war resumption of the BBC service the same month.

Bit before Tony Blair who was born 6 May 1953

"I really couldn't care what the law says" .. so we can pick and choose which laws we can follow then?

Comment

Part 3 Television and Radio Services ETC Comms Act 2003 was what I was refering to, not the one that does not refer to something not yet invented.
      Darkness is only the absence of light; ignorance is only the absence of knowledge.

Comment

Part 3 Television and Radio Services ETC comms act 2003 was what I was referring to not an old ACT that cannot refer to that which is not invented. And it was dear old aunty beeb who gave me that reference. You can argue till the BBC Cows come home, I have a principle and will keep to it.
        Darkness is only the absence of light; ignorance is only the absence of knowledge.

Comment

principle????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by elbmek View Post
            Tv is all minorities and political correctness and adverts that are longer than the programmes
            Except BBC TV of course, not to mention iplayer and BBC radio.

The reality is that for the license fee you don't just get the BBC. Freeview, which gives you around 60 channels free of charge (over & above the license fee) would not exist had the BBC not founded and funded it.

Comment

I have just been informed by a person who has 2 sisters in the legal profession that, and I quote: 2 both my sisters are solicitors, a tv licence is a lawful requirement, not a legal requirement.

Comment

a lawful requirement, not a legal requirement. = difference being>>>?

Comment

Originally posted by elbmek View Post
                  I have just been informed by a person who has 2 sisters in the legal profession that, and I quote: 2 both my sisters are solicitors, a tv licence is a lawful requirement, not a legal requirement.
                  Are you sure you got that the right way round?
                  It is a legal requirement that you have a licence, not a lawful requirement

Comment

Unsure Des, copied as typed.

Comment

It's much the same principal as the NHS, it's paid for via a tax so everyone can enjoy decent TV

Comment

deleted, double post
                        Last edited by elbmek; 7th July 2020, 11:12:AM.

Comment

ah ha! Therein lies the problem Seduraed - the word 'decent' - the programming is abysmal. My wife was watching something based in the NE; Vera? It is well OTT in its ethnic representation. An independent think tank recently published a survey on BBC. The result was a massive increase in the number of ethnic majorities in BBC programmes, editorials, and news. And also, separately, a massive increase in news items that have later been proved to be either totally untrue and blatant lies about individuals. I was not at all racist, but do not like this trend at all, reason why I no longer watch, but I do read. The word 'decent' is not applicable when viewing UK media. And the media choose not to report many items which have a direct impact on the public. For example, the Soros ferry service across the Channel. BBC is definitely NOT decent. I suppose that definition depends on your scholarly brainwash or political leanings, or both.

The social media is full of hate for the BBC, everyone wants the licence cancelled and,or, killing off the BBC all together. Sky is not far behind in peoples condemnation.

Comment

This is but one of hundreds of anti BBC posts. And, to be fair, I have NEVER seen a single one supporting the Corporation. The image portrays two of the most despised BBC personnel.

Comment

Well Vera is ITV not BBC So your money is not going towards that!* I like that series, a bit tongue in cheek and watch for the bloopers in the locations.

Just think, the BBC drags up the quality of programming.* The quality of the programming in the USA is terrible, the only relief is the BBC programs that appear on PBS.

Comment

I was using that as an example. All I ask is a fair battle field. 100% Fair. With BBC we dont get it so I strongly object to paying for it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X