• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help, Lowells CCJ claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Lowells CCJ claim

Hi,*
    thanks for reading and hopefully helping. I am looking for some advice about what to do next regarding a CCJ claim from sent by Lowell's Solicitors.
    I took out a Tesco Loan in 2010 and made payments for around 3 or 4 years. Unsure why this stopped but it did. It is only until recently that I have received letters from Lowell's saying that they had bought the debt of around £1500 and in all honesty I thought they were trying it on because the debt was so old I thought it would have dropped off by now. The original Tesco loan has dropped off my credit report and has been marked settled and closed on my credit report (and doesn't even appear on any others) and I can't even see when the last payment was in the history of the account.
    I seem to be coming across contradictory advice online, do I contact Lowell's and ask for a statement to check when the last payment was made and check if it was statute barred? What do I admit to and not admit to?
    What do I send to the court? Should I ask for more time?
    I am self employed and support my young family and we do not have the money to repay the debt anyway as we are already under a budget paying my partners debts off in an IVA she has entered into after having our daughter and not being able to afford to make payments as she stays at her home with our daughter as we cannot afford childcare.
    It's all little overwhelming and I need to know where would be a good place to start.
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Tags: None

Sorry she stays at home with our daughter not at *her* home. We live together and I support all of us financially

Comment

Duplicate threads aren't helpful, please try to keep everything on this one: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ll-s-ccj-claim
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi, I've received a reply about this.
        I'm baffled though because I am convinced I had not paid anything towards this for years. I rang a while ago to see if I could get a full and final settlement and they wouldn't accept it so I just said I would leave it.
        couād they have got that information wrong?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X