• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCP Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCP Parking Charge Notice

Hello,*

I have received a letter from TNC parking services about an unpaid RCP PCN. This is from the date 27/12/2019 and i have received the letter on the 29.02.2020 however, the letter is dated 25.02.2020. As you can see, the PCN was 2 months ago and as far as i can remember when I reached my car and took the ticket out it literally ripped because the rain water got into the bag. I didn’t pay to much attention to it as I knew private firms have no legal right to issue a Penalty Charge Notice. Since then i have had my car washed several times and I’ve lost the ticket. The fine was originally £100 now its £125 because of admin fee. Now I’ve received this letter from TNC parking services and I’m wondering if RCP has a legal case against me?
    At the end of the letter it says “please not that if the parking charge notice remains unpaid your account will be passed to our recovery team where additional fees will be added to the amount which is currently outstanding” Does this mean they can take me to court? Please advise me on what i should do.
    And this mean RCP now has my details and how did they even get them?*
    As you can probably tell I am quite lost so please please anything will help.

Tags: None

Edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred, use "the driver......."etc

From reading this forum and others you should have realised that they can indeed take people to court for a breach of conditions.

They got your details as the registered keeper from the DVLA. If this is the first letter you have received in the post then:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 56 days as prescribed by section 8 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Send first class mail with free certificate of posting from a post office

Basically if the don't know the identity of the driver then they can transfer liability to the keeper but only if they fully comply with the requirements of the Act. Suggest you look at the Act

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have had a chance to read the Protection of Freedoms Act and I understand what you are saying. You advised to post them a letter. This might sound silly but just out of curiosity why is that better than sending them an email?*

Comment

Because you get that certificate of posting from the post office to show you sent it.

Comment

Great, thank you. I’ll post the letter ASAP.

Comment

And edit you first post as requested, this is a public forum AND the are know to read them

Comment

well for some reason it doesn't give me an option to edit it. maybe because I posted it as a guest?

Comment

That's probably it.* Flag the admins and they may be nice and do the edit

Comment

I have sent them a message. Lets see what *they can do for me. And thank you very much, you’ve been very helpful. I appreciate it it a lot.

I might have to post here again but thank you for now

Comment

Hi, its me again
                    I sent them a letter through post as you suggested but instead of a response to that letter they have just sent me a letter saying ACTION REQUIRED TODAY. The letter says i haven’t *advised *them anything when i sent them a letter. The charge has also been increased. I have a receipt from the post office so should i email them since the post office isnt open.

Comment

Can you post up a redacted copy of that letter please.

Comment

Here it is

Comment

Comment

There’s 2 copies which ever is clearer to read.

Comment

So respond requesting that they take note of your letter of the xxxxxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X