• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells CCJ - Notice of Issue Of Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells CCJ - Notice of Issue Of Warrant of Control

Hi,
    Due to a combination of keeping my head in the sand due to depression and stubbornly refusing to acknowledge Lowell's, I received a CCJ last year and have now received a Notice of Issue Of Warrant Of Control (as attached).
    The form says total to pay is £179.25 for the warrant, leaving a balance outstanding of £217.53
    Does this mean I have to pay the £179 now and arrange the £217 later, or do I pay the £396 total (over three months, if possible?)
    I'm very dubious of Lowell as I heard that they merely hire a side room and a court clerk's stamp in order to issue their CCJ's! (Is this true?)
    I actually dispute the original debt but it's probably way too late for that now so can you please advise my best way to deal with this?
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Too small to read and be careful because it looks as if you have left your name and address showing.

Comment

Thank you - I had the wrong saved version

Comment

If you do upload it again then it is better done as a PDF but redact any personal info.

Comment

The part about Lowell's and a clerk in a side room is rubbish. What actually happened is you were issued with a claim and failed to respond within 14 days of service and a default judgment was applied. Lowell haven't been to court, and it's unlikely the claim was even read. Sadly over 80% of claims still go to a default judgment as people ignore them or they go to wrong addresses. The CCJ will now be on the register and will affect your credit file for six years.*

Lowell apply for and issue warrants based on the arrears of installments judgments - if you are going to pay because you don't want bailiffs attending and the additional costs of that ( likely to take your debt up to over £600 )- the best you can do is contact Lowell and negotiate a payment arrangement on the full judgment debt.

However if you had only just found out about the judgment ( eg if it were issued to a wrong address or you'd been in hospital since the claim was issued ) you could look to apply to suspend the warrant and set aside the judgment so you can defend *- that would cost you a court fee of £255 and no guarantee of success.*

In your case as it seems you simply ignored it you're likely better to either get it paid off directly or making an application to court to pay by affordable instalments and suspend the warrant - you want form n245 and £50 court fee.*

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X