• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form received from Intrum finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get your defence in at least a day before due on line at MCOL detail top right of court form

Comment

MIKE770* Celestine*I filed my defence as advised and received a letter from Intrum in response:

We write in respect of the above matter; and further to your 16 April electronic mail.

The agreement provided to you is signed. The agreement was applied for online ad as such was signed in accordance with The Consumer Act 1974 (Electronic communications) Order 2004.
      We have provided you with statement of account, which shows* all the transactions, payments and adjustments. In respect of your query that the orders placed is £9,984.79 and the adjustments and payments are £9,458.93, you will be aware from your contract you signed that purchases are subject to interest , and charges will also be applied for later payments.
      Please find enclosed a Financial Statement; we would invite you to complete and return this to our offices along with your offer of repayment and preferred payment method. This is to ensure that your offer of repayment is affordable to you and to enable us to identify any priority arrears that you may have.
      At Intrum, we believe in helping our customers with their financial situation . If you are experiencing financial difficulties we would invite you to seek free independent legal council from one of the companies printed on the reverse of this letter.
      Rest assures we are here to assist you where appropriate to do so* but we do ask that you remain in contact with us where possible.
      Please note that in the event that we do not hear from you or an appointed third party in the next 30 days , our attempts to recover the outstanding monies will continue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Its clear they do not want to provide any further statements saying that interest along with late payment fees must have caused arrears etc,. If you look at the screenshot I have attached, the interest shows as nil. What would you advise i do now?

Many Thanks for all your help

Comment

In your first post you state that you suspect the actual debt may be £400 - Can you identify that outstanding amount in the statements. It is possible that interest and charges may have caused the remainder to accrue but it does seem excessive. Have you considered calling Intrum and just having a chat about finding a settlement? Defence is filed and lateness did not result in default judgment?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine Yes the difference is about £400 according to the statements they have provided. The problem is they have provided a record of all orders, but they have only provided a record of some adjustments and payments and even with that in complete record the amount comes to around £400 but it would be lesser if the rest of the adjustment& payments and records could have been shown.

I have received a letter after filing my defence that it has been accepted and Intrum have been advised.
          Last edited by Shrubs; 6th May 2020, 19:19:PM.

Comment

Celestine MIKE770 please could you advise?

Comment

Long shot but do you have any bank statements relevant to the period which could prove your payments to the account.?

I'm glad you have got a defence in place but in reality, unless you can prove all your payments to the account, or receive a more complete SAR response from Littlewoods (you should chase that btw) then you will need to negotiate a settlement to avoid having to potentially argue these more complex points in court.*

You can of course just hold tight and see what they do, but from Intrum's perspective, they will believe they have sent you all requested documents.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Posting after a long time. I submitted my defence in 2020. Intrum went quiet after trying to send me a letter saying the amount could be that much if interest has been accrued which I denied and told them you don’t have evidence of that in the statements you have sent me. It’s been all quiet from their side till now. I want to know what happens to a money claim if the defendant has responded with a defence and there has been no communication since then from the debt collected? Do I need to nudge county court to end this or what is the next step? Please could you advsie

Comment

tag Celestine
                  If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
                  If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Comment

Celestine please could you help?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X