• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N244 Application Notice Need help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N244 Application Notice Need help please

My son is being taken to court for a college fee dated back 2013/2014 he was not aware of. My son took an AAT Level Course 2 and 3 back in 2012/13, which was paid by the Government he was 18 years old at the time and just finished Secondary school. August 2013 he enrolled on the AAT Level 4 Course that course was not backed by the Government therefore he needed to pay for it. Being disabled myself and not working I could not afford to pay for the course. He was advised by his Form Tutor he did the AAT Level 2 and 3 Courses to carry on filling in the college Enrollment Form for the AAT Level 4 course so that a place can be kept for him and also carry on with the AAT level 4 course whilst we were trying to get some support to fund the course the Tutor even signed the Enrollment Form. We've tried everything Student Loan, various education organisations, charities etc. but to no avail we could not secure any funding.

My son then decided to withdrawn from the AAt level 4 Course. He did about 6 weeks worth of the course. He sent an email to the new Form Tutor he took the AAT Level 4 with and inform him that we cannot do the course because he was unable to secured any funding. The tutor replied back and just wish him the best* for the future and heard nothing from the college. The college we found out 2018 that they have a Refunds/Withdrawals Policies which my son was aware of at the time and was not made aware by the Tutor to come in the college to fill in a Form to withdraw from the Course. In 2014 I received an email from the college stating that they have sent an invoice and that I have ignore it. I rang the college right away and told that that I did not receive any invoice from them the college staff member I spoke to said he was going to send me the invoice right away but I heard and received nothing from the college. In 2018 my son receive a letter from a Debt Management to pay £1,500 for a debt owed to the college he was not aware he owed any money to the college. I rang the debt collector on my son's behalf and ask them to provide us proof evidence from my son's college to show the debt owe to the college I also asked them to provide me with contact details of the person from his college who has contacted them to collect the debt on the college's behalf. The Debt Management company refused to provide us proof nor give us the name of the person from my son college so that we can contact them to discuss about the debt my son supposedly owes them. Shortly after my son received a letter from a solicitor firm who was employed by the Debt Management company for the college debt. I rang the solicitor firm and asked them to pass me to their solicitor* to provide us with proof and give us the named person from my son college so that we can contact the college for the debt again the solicitor firm refused to pass me to their solicitor nor give us any proof and refused to give us the named person from my son college. Shortly after a man turned up from an enforcement firm unannounced my son was alone at home and let the man in luckily I came home on time the law enforcement man was at my house demanding money three times the amount of the college debt. I asked the man for any proof evidence from the college to sow my son owes them the debt. The man became aggressive, harassed and bullied us into paying for the debt at one point he told me to shut my mouth otherwise he will empty my house and take everything. We told him that if we received an invoice from the college* we would have paid the debt but we cannot make any payment to him unless he shows us proof that there is a debt. He wrote down a whole list of furnishing and TVs that belongs to me and not my son that he will take away. I told him the furniture and TVs are mine and not my son but he said he doesn't care he will have them removed. He turned up again another time and became more aggressive because we asked him to show us proof of the debt. He did not show us any ID, gave us his name nor tell us what Enforcement Law firm he works with. I managed to get the enforcement company details from the solicitor and rang them again the enforcement company refused to neither talk to me nor give us any proof of debt. The debt Management company, Solicitor and the Law Enforcement company all refused to provide us with proof of the debt owed and also put the phone down when I've called them.

The law enforcement company issued a court case against my son but he never received any court papers. After the second aggressive visit from the law enforcement company I took matter in my own hand and contacted the college Principle who's secretary passed us on the college Course Fee debt who then passed us on the solicitor firm and was able to speak to a real solicitor the same solicitor company I’ve been in touch with. I told the solicitor that was son was not aware he owes a debt to the college and also that the college did not make him aware of their withdrawal policies when he'd informed them that he wished to withdrawn from the course she then told me to put an Application for a "Set Aside" judgment which we have no clue where to start with hence! My post here

We need help how to fill in the N422 Form and any guidance would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Have you checked the judgment register ( check https://search.trustonline.org.uk/Se...xkcV9EX0J3RQ..*)to see if there is a judgment against your son ?

If there is, give the court ( likely Northampton county court business centre ) a call and tell them there's a default judgment you've just found out about and ask if they can email the case details ( the brief details or particulars of claim ) so that you can make an application to set aside the judgment ( and suspend the warrant if one exists)

Get your son to send a subject access request to the college *https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

post back once you have the claim info off the court and we'll talk you through the set aside - there's some guidance here to start with *https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

do you know which bailiff company visited ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X