• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charges Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charges Appeal

Can any one help? The registered keeper of a car I was driving at the time has received a notice of a parking ticket, do I have grounds to appeal?

I drove over an unavoidable bad patch of road which resulted in a loud bang so pulled in at what I believed to be a bus stop on as I now know, private land, to check the tyres were ok, I stopped no more than a minute.*

The date of the contravention is 5 Dec 19. The charge notice was received yesterday (I don't have the letter its with the registered keeper)*
    Tags: None

Who is the letter from ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, couldn't locate the post originally to respond, however I've now registered with the website

So the registered keeper got a letter of charge from excel parking. They used cctv. I'm the driver not keeper. The letter includes photos of the car but not full sequence where i got out checked tyres and around car then left. As per HC if you can get off the road where you have an incident /breakdown then do so.... It is a busy 50mph dual carriageway and i didn't fancy trying to change a tyre on it. As it happens i deemed it safe to continue and checked again twice

I have photos of the faults in the road as for the reason to stop. Would i be correct in saying that a sign isnt notice to the driver so from the date of the incident (05 Dec) to 13 Jan is out of time?

Or should I just pay it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Do not hint at who was driving, edit using "the driver......" etc.* Click on report on the first post and ask the mids to edit.

Yes* it it out of time to hold the keeper liable but if the know the identity of the driver then they can come after the driver.

For the registered keeper to respond (the driver is not involved):

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. *You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

I was not the driver at the time and as there is no legal requirement to name the drive*I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

First class mail with free certificate of posting from any post office*

They will reject but come back then

Get the RK to sign up so that we can ask questions directly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X