• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fee payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fee payment

My husband and I put our house on with purple bricks in October last year, they have sent one person to me in that time, I asked my agent what the process is to come off, she said head office will be in touch re the payment of the fee to come off the site. Our house is in my husbands name as I was unemployed at the time of buying it, I don’t recall signing anything (I have asked for copies of anything I have signed) is there a way not to pay this fee as I feel they have not earned it at all, and if the mortgage holder has not signed anything do you still have to pay?*
    Tags: None

The fee was 'pay later' I assume. It's normally payable at ten months or on cancellation if the house isn't sold. They only advertise the property for twelve months in any event.* You put it up for sale in Oct 2019 ? so it's only been up for 3 months?

When you say your house is in your husbands name does it say this on the title register? ( ie you can have the mortgage in just your husbands name but you may both be listed as proprietors on the title )*

The estate agent should have checked your identity and confirmed you were owner of the property before accepting your instructions.

You need the documents in order to check what you did sign and what ID documents you provided(if any).

A full SAR might be in order if your request for a copy of the agreement isn't forthcoming.(*Subject Access Request Letter )

However PurpleBricks doesn't work on a 'no sale, no fee' basis. It is a fixed fee to advertise for 12 months so you are liable to pay the fee regardless of whether they sell the property or not.* Have you discussed with them why you might have had no viewings/interest in your property?* Have you signed up for the viewings service or are you managing this yourselves?

Are you looking at signing up with another estate agent or withdrawing from selling altogether? ( you can sign up with another agent as 'multiagency' as well but Purplebricks will still want paying at the 10 month point )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X