• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

confused about which enforcement option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about which enforcement option

Hello beagles
    I have a CCJ against someone to a value of £15000. He has missed the deadline for repayment and has offered £5 per month which will take 250 years to repay!! which I have declined.
    He is working but has a low income (£15000pa) and other debts.* He lives with his parents at the moment.* He has two cars, one worth £6000 - £8000 and the other only a £1000 with few other assets.* He has simply refused to sell the cars!
    HCEO have suggested that I use them to take the car and they would seek a repayment plan although I think any repayment plan isn't going to be maintained by the defendant.* HCEO have also said that I can't use them for the car and do my own application for an attachment of earnings at the same time - is that correct??
    Can I get HCEO to take the car and get what additional money they can and then I would do my own attachment of earnings??* If HCEO aren't successful then I would consider bankrupting him so that I would get a lump sum for the car.
    What would you suggest is my best way forward??* I would really welcome any views as its confusing me
    Tags: None

Have you checked the cars are owned by him and not on finance ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the reply - Yes, the cars are definitely owned by him as confirmed in his Witness Statement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X