• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set aside a CCJ I didn't knew about help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set aside a CCJ I didn't knew about help.

Hi there to everyone,can I get some advice if I can set aside a CCJ i just found out about it wich was issued on September 2018.Basically what happened was that in 2017 I got accepted for a job working full time employee but a day day before I was suppose to start circumstances made me not be able to do it anymore.That*company* transferred me 6788£ pounds on my Saving account of my LTD company during a 3 month period(February, March, April).In July 2017 I decided to leave UK for a year and half in another EU country and took all the money I had in my accounts since nobody took them back,the bank hasn't contact me or that company (they had my email and phone number) when I came back to UK for almoust 1 year I didn't changed my address because I didn't had a fix place where to stay so all my documents are with the old one I had when I left UK.About 2 weeks ago*I wanted to make a loan to get a car and the bank clerk told me I got a CCJ bigger then 200£ but he can't see the details,I made a credit check and found out about it but the value of the debt written there it is 7560£.What can I do about it?
    Tags: None

The debt has gone up no doubt, due to charges, fees and interest.
    If you can prove you have just found out about the CCJ, that you did not receive the claim and if you had known about it you would have paid it, you can apply to have it set aside.
    However as you have no defence against the debt (I assume you agree you owe the money ?) the claim will just rewind to the stage when it was issued (if the application is successful) and if you don't pay the money back the CCJ will be reapplied.

Comment

I do have the money,any Ideea what defense can I put in writing and what are the steps should I follow to have a chance of setting it asside?Thank you.

Comment

Fill in a N244 from the gov.org website, there is a 255 quid fee.
        State that you had no knowledge of the debt and if you had you would have paid it.
        You had no knowledge of the CCJ as it went to the wrong address and again you would have paid it if you had known.
        You will need proof you did not receive the claim. You were abroad ? You will need to prove this if this is why you did not receive claim.
        You have no defence against the claim as you admit you owe the money so it will be up to the court to decide if the application is granted.

One other thing to consider and a possible defence is was the money paid to you or your LTD ? If paid to the LTD then they can't claim against you personally and had you received the claim you would have defended it on the grounds you personally do not owe the money.

Comment

There is a guide to set aside here*https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

Did the company carry on paying you after you had left the country ? Or is the additional £3k interest/costs etc ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

#Luxardo,for some unknown reason they paid me in my savings account of my LTD company, but I was supposed to work full time employee for them so I should have received the money in my personal account.I honestly don't understand how they manage to get a transfer on my savings account of my LTD.
            #Amethyst no they didn't,they paid for 3 months, February, March, April and I left UK at the beginning of July 2017 and came back in December 2018.In April 2017 I had to move from where I lived in another place for 2 months because the landlord wanted to refurbish the flat.Now when I came back last year I went at my former adress and there was a* new tenant I asked if there is any post on my name,she said no.After that because I wasn't sure how much will I stay in UK and I was keep moving for different jobs,even now for the kast 2 months I'm living in a hotel.

Comment

Apply to have it set aside then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X