• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons plc and roseendales bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons plc and roseendales bailiffs

Was taken to court for non payment off council.tax due to my dad dying and paid the council.tax bill.off in oct/nov with the council.tax and paid it straight to council.tax bailliff have been calling since augsut last year spoke to.rossendales they said i had to speak to to the bailliff and bailiff got nasty down phone saying stuff and that have paid the council.tax off in full but council are now saying i need to pay bailiff. Fees on top i have made phone calls to the council tax and this and that and now the bailliff has called again today wanting another 310 pounds i always thought that if it was paid to the council tax they cant collect there bailiff fees plz help and advice council tax are already taking some money from.uc to can only budget for what we live on which is minimum income on uc at moment and darent contact bailiff or rossendales cause i was called a liar on payment beeing taken out off uc in september last year so please advice*
    Tags: None

• £75 will be added to your debt when the initial ‘Notice of enforcement’ letter is sent
    • £235 when the bailiff makes their first visit

You only contacted the council and paid after the bailiffs had visited I believe ? If so both of the fees are payable.

If you did pay the council tax up in full why are you having deductions made to your universal credit - is that from a previous years debt ?*

You should have evidence of the UC deductions and can include that with your income and expenditure statement showing your affordability to make the payments to the bailiff company.*

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bailiffs cannot use the original order to recover their fees from you, the order only covers the council tax and as you have paid this the order is cancelled. They won't tell you this of course because they are a bunch of sneaky scumbags.
      They do have the right to make a claim against you for their fees though and if they do you will get a CCJ and they will be back to enforce this.
      You can take a chance and ignore them and hope they won't issue a claim or you can make an arrangement to pay them what you can afford.

Comment

Thankyou just needed advice on this and i told the council tax this because bailiff didnt recover the money cause i paid it straight to the council.tax also told rossendales this they cant collect the bailiff fees cause they did not recover it for the council tax just worried bailiff will break in to recover fees*

Comment

So who was liable to pay the council tax, you or your dad?

Comment

Was taken to court for non payment off council.tax due to my dad dying
            That phrase jumps out straight away in respect of the council tax charge and the s6 determination of liability.

What period was it for and what was your interest in the property ?

Comment

Last years and its mine council tax bill*

Comment

Originally posted by nikki2019 View Post
                Last years and its mine council tax bill
                Did you dad live with you, with you being the resident tenant/owner ?

Comment

my dad had* his* own* house* and* tennnacy* and* i had* my* own**

Comment

Originally posted by nikki2019 View Post
                    my dad had his own house and tennnacy and i had my own
                    For you to be personally liable the property ownership would have had to pass from the estate to you unless you were a) already a joint owner or b)* resident in it.

Did you inherit the house ? If so, at what point was the property signed over to you ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X