• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sole parental responsibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sole parental responsibility

My children live with me and see their dad only on the weekends (so I can go to work) recently they’ve decided they don’t want to see him anymore. Many things have happened between them/him/him and me, I understand why they don’t want to see him. My question, I’ve filed a c100 but would like full parental responsibility, how do I do this? Thanks muchly
    Tags: None

Are you applying to change a previous order ?

What are your reasons for wanting to remove parental responsibility from the children's father ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would like sole responsibility, their dad doesn’t contribute financially to their well being (he receives UC) and expects me to buy the food for their weekends with him- he’s now asking for the actual money rather than food. He left our 10 year old last week to go to tesco, she didn’t know how long he was gone, he stays in bed when they stay - leaving them to look after themselves - they’re 10,8,4. He had referred to himself as their babysitter and that he is doing me a favour when he has them so I can work.

Comment

Not really anything to do with parental responsibility.https://www.gingerbread.org.uk/infor...responsibility
        Trying to remove that will need a lot more than him just being a sh*t dad - courts don't remove PR easily. I'd concentrate on amending the contact / child arrangements order to account for your children's wishes. He might argue for supervised contact if the court ( and potentially cafcass) agree he shouldn't have the children at his on his own due to safety concerns.

What order is currently in place ? and do you have childcare organised for weekends if you are continuing working those hours ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My partner is at home on the weekends and the girls stay with him. We only have an informal verbal agreement about the girls staying at their dad’s.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X