• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ

hello everyone I am hoping someone can help me with my next step, I have acknowledged the claim sent CCA request letter and CPR 31.14 letter. I have received a copy of a notice of assignment and a copy of a letter introducing Lowell. the date for me to receive a copy of the credit agreement was Friday 6th December I received a copy today 11th December my name and address is on the top of the agreement but on the bottom there is no signature or initials in the box that says signature(s) of customer(s). I have received no other paperwork work from Lowell what is my next step in defending the claim, thanks for reading
    Tags: None

What was the date of issue for your claim ?

What is the date of the agreement ( ie when was the account opened )

It sounds like it is probably a reconstructed agreement, which is allowed, it's just a case of checking it is the correct one.

Any sign of a default notice?

Any other issues with the debt or simply a case of checking the paperwork before looking at a reasonable settlement?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for Replying . On the copy of the credit agreement it doesnt have a date *but on the very bottom right of the page it says 24/09/2008 the letter from Lowell says account taken out on 10th March 2009 how do I check if its the correct one? *I havent received any paper work with default notice on it *I have only received the credit agreement a copy of a notice of assignment dated 27 th January 2015 and a letter introducing Lowell saying they have bought the debt dated 27th January 2015. * I dont understand what you mean by date of issue for claim. *I am willing to set up a payment plan I remember having a catalogue but I am sure I would remember owing someone over four thousand pound.

Comment

They tend to have a credit agreement that is in force for a few months so it may well be the last amendment was Sept 2008 and that is the correct agreement in force in March 2009.

i'm sure you'd remember owing over £4k as well. Worth sending a SAR Subject Access Request Letter to the catalogue company now to find out what the balance is made up of.

The issue date is the date printed top right on the claim form. You need that to know when your defence has to be entered by.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for replying again. . The date on top of the claim form is 13th November 2019 I acknowledged the claim on the 19th November and sent letters off the same day to Lowell I have to do my defence by Monday 16 December

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X