• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Start of a Money Online Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of a Money Online Claim

Just a quick question. I am confused as to how much information needs to go into the claim form. At this early stage does it need to be a fully detailed Particulars of Claim or does it need to be a brief summary sufficient to give the court an idea of what the claim is about. Also, what is ‘Beta’......thanks
    Tags: None

It needs to be detailed enough that the defendant can assess their position fully and admit or defend the claim.

If you do not have all the information do not start the claim as it could end up costing you to amend the claim and leave you open to costs of the other side to amend their defence.

'Beta' denotes the second in a series of items, categories, forms of a chemical compound, etc. In terms of a website it's term used to denote it is not the complete site and some testing is still being applied.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks Jag, so the Particulars of Claim which would include*reference to appropriate section of the Consumer Rights Act and all dates and times etc is not required at this stage then.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspley View Post
        Thanks Jag, so the Particulars of Claim which would includereference to appropriate section of the Consumer Rights Act and all dates and times etc is not required at this stage then.
        Yes. The defendant has to be able to understand their position fully. If it does not fit on to MCOL, you should tick the box that detailed PoC will follow and serve them within 14 days of the issue of the claim. You should also file a certificate of service along with a copy of the detailed PoC with the court.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X