• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unable to attend speed awareness course. Panicking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to attend speed awareness course. Panicking

Please help me.
    I had to attend a course by monday.
    (25th)
    I thought my course was at 10 today but was it 8.45

I was ringing to see if I could bring.my children as my.childcare fell through.

I'm now panicking as to what will happen now

it.was a genuine error. Completely own up to it

Am I going to prison??
    Tags: None

We don't tend to put people in prison for mistakes. Did you get through on the phone?
    Are you able to book a new appointment?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I called this morning no more appointments as monday was the 120 day cut off

She said she'll put it down as failure to attend but with notes on that my child is unwell and I mixed up the time

Would the likely outcome be a court case and a heightened fine and points?

Comment

I'm really really struggling to cope now

Comment

I'll ask des8 to look in as I'm not sure what happens if you miss your speed awareness course. You may get a fine Â*and possibly points. I believe it will be done through the post. They will write to you.Â*
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

If you miss your speed awareness course you will probably receive a magistrates court summons

You will now be prosecuted for the original offence.
            Result (depending on the offence ) will probably be points and a fine.

In view of the circumstances I would ask the police force if they will extend the time limit for taking the course.

Comment

Who would I contact to ask them ? On my booking letter I've got the number for birmingham central ticket office.

Is there a chance i'd get sent to prison?

I'm happy to accept points and a fine but cant go to prosn!

Comment

I cant cope with this right now

Comment

Nothing terrible will happen xxx Speed awareness courses are offered for minor speeding offences so if you do end up with points it'll likely be 3 points and a fixed penalty.Â*

which police force are you with ?

this is what Sussex police say...

In the event of a no-show to a Course date, your file will be returned back to Sussex Police for their consideration as the matter may now have to be reverted to a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty.

Â*
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

It was under the west midlands police force.

So would it be either.

1.Ring the office Monday and beg to have a deadline extended and book the next available course asap
                    2. Wait for a letter and hope its a fine / points
                    3. Go to court and explain what happend and have a slightly bigger fine due to court costs + points?

Comment

I would ring the office Monday, explain quietly why you had missed the course and ask if they could extend the time limit so you can rebook.

I would not be doing any begging.

A minor speeding offence is not something to worry about inordinately, and you will not be imprisoned for this offence.
                      If it goes to court you will have points endorsed on your licence, and be fined. The fine will depend on your income and circumstances.
                      As Amethyst points out you might just receive points and a fixed penalty.

Don't forget to tell your insurers at renewal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X