• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Kitchen Fitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Kitchen Fitted

hello, i purchased kitchen units and asked a fitter to fit them for me. One of the units i purchased was a 500mm door rather than a 600mm door and this knocked all the kitchen out. Is my kitchen fitter responsible or myself for whats happened?
    Tags: None

Did you do the kitchen planning before purchasing the units, and did you give said plan to the fitter ? Surely you can just take the 500 unit back and get a 600 so it fits the gap right ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

no i got a company to plan it and bough incorrectly. The kitchen fitter started with this unit so it will mean taking all the kitchen out

Comment

Did the kitchen fitter have a copy of the plan ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Also how far did he get with installing the kitchen before realising the 500 should have been a 600?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

he was given the plan but it wasn't obvious that it should have been a 600mm door. He had done all the kitchen apart from the end larder unit that didn't fit because the bottom units were out by 100mm compared to the top.

Comment

it wasn't obvious from the plan thats why i purchased the wrong door

Comment

doesn't anyone have a tape measure ? Sorry - if he's got to the point at the end of the row where the end unit isn't right then whip the base units back out, get a 600 and fix back on . Generally when fitting a kitchen you'd put all the units in place before doing worktops / doors /finishes etc so shouldn't be a huge issue just to hoik the base units along.shouldn't really affect plumbing / electrics as they're usually central to a unit so 100mm won't cause things to have to be moved. If he's done it arse about face then you may have to use a 100mm filler at end of your base units to join up to the full height unit.

Also if the base units were meant to mirror the wall units so they end at the same place for a full height unit then a quick check adding up all base and all wall and that they're both same should have been easy.

Is this a professional fitter or a friend of a friend ?

But no if the plan wasn't clear and you told him to put a 500 there it's likely on your head but someone should have got a tape measure out.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X