• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Does a spelling error on a CCJ make it invalid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a spelling error on a CCJ make it invalid?

Hello,
    My former commercial Landlord refused to give my deposit back, for no reason. He initially said the previous landlord had to money. and I had to chase the former landlord for evidence to proved the deposits were transferred over. in which he did thankfully.

I have no idea why my landlord lied or refused to communicate with me, once I vacated the building. We had a good relationship until I handed in my notice and requested my deposit money back. it makes no sense.

I sought legal advice and was informed to file with the county court, which I did. again he ignored the letters from the court, until the last minute and requested an extension.

I waited for progress and again nothing happened. I filed for the court to place enforcement proceedings, and a letter appeared this am from my former landlord saying, I've spelt his company name incorrectly, (one letter is incorrect), but both names of the directors are spelt correctly. former landlord, says therefore the claim has been served incorrectly, and advising me to refile.

He's playing games, yet I'm unsure of my position here. any advice really welcome. I have never done this before and work as a therapist and find the whole game he's playing deeply uncomfortable.

Many thanks in advance
    Alexia
    Tags: None

You are suing your landlord for return of your deposit ?

The tenancy was a commercial property ?

You have obtained a default judgment and the defendant is saying he intends to apply to set aside the judgment based on errors with the defendants company name on the claim form ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, and thanks for replying,
      Yes
      yes
      I haven't received a default judgement, but a letter from the landlord, saying I must refile using the correct company name.

Comment

Typically a small error would not rule out the validity - if in doubt give the court a quick call to clarify,

Comment

thank you for replying.

i contacted the county court online service, and they said, the judge won’t accept a spelling error, so I have had to resubmit and pay another £100 which I can’t claim back.

Comment

I spelt their names correctly just one letter wrong in the company name.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X