• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Fees

Hi Guys,

I've just returned home from university to find two CCJ's against my name, one from a clinic and the other from university for one of the academic years, but student loan payed for the entirety of my degree.
    I've done a bit of research and apparently if i was not served with the initial claim or even the initial letters from the company themselves then the claims have to be removed. I have contacted the university and i have a letter from them stating student loans have paid my fees and there was an error, but they can't do nothing about the ccj i have to contact the debt collectors who issued it.

How should i go about this? I have fill in two separate N244 forms, i'm not sure how to pay the fees.

Looking forward to hearing form you. ^^
    Tags: None

Hi Guys,

I've just returned home from university to find two CCJ's against my name, one from a clinic and the other from university for one of the academic years, but student loan payed for the entirety of my degree.
    I've done a bit of research and apparently if i was not served with the initial claim or even the initial letters from the company themselves then the claims have to be removed. I have contacted the university and i have a letter from them stating student loans have paid my fees and there was an error, but they can't do nothing about the ccj i have to contact the debt collectors who issued it.

How should i go about this? I have fill in two separate N244 forms, i'm not sure how to pay the fees.

Looking forward to hearing form you. ^^

Comment

• Amethyst
      Amethyst commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you would need to apply, with the N244 application, to the court to have the judgment set aside. Your reasons would be that you have only just found out about it and received no previous letters or the claim, and that had you received it you would have defended in full ( attach your draft defence and the evidence from uni that the fees were indeed paid ). The cost is £255 and if you are on a low income you may be eligible for fee remission - you'd need to complete form ex160 and provide evidences. Submit it all together. Otherwise you can submit the n244 at your local county court and pay by card over the counter , or submit by post to the county court business centre and telephone them to pay by card ( call them before posting )

Have you spoken with the claimant and asked for their consent to the set aside ? If they agree then the application would be by consent which is £100 rather than £255.

Are you challenging the clinic ccj as well?

• TronLegacy
      TronLegacy commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know i can ask for their consent to set aside the judgement, so i'm guessing i should do that?
      Yes i'll be challenging that also, again i never received any correspondence of the initial letter.

Quick question....if they accept my reason for not receiving the initial letter does that mean i will only have to pay £105 which is apparently the only initial fee rather than now £500, again this is also not my fault since BUPA said the clinic gave them incorrect information and hence would not release any fund, so this is in fact the clinics fault.

Regards

• Amethyst
      Amethyst commented
      Editing a comment
      £100 for an application with consent and you can ask the judgment holder to pay it if they admit it was their error.

Not sure where the £500 / £105 you mention come from.

Just found out that i have two CCJ's on my credit file of which i have nothing to do with, one is from uni which has been cleared up and will be taken back since it was an error, i also called up the clinic this morning and they told me that i dont owe them a single penny, but now i have to pay £255 to go to a court to ask for it to e removed when i have not done anything wrong.

What can i do?

Comment

Hi, just returned to London to find out that i have 2 CCJ's, 1 of them the debt collection agency has filed to have it removed because it was not presented to me and it was an erro by the claimant so that's not my fault.

The second one also is not my fault, but the debt collection agency that filed the claim has been dissolved for 18 months.

what do i have to do now?

regards

Comment

• pt2537
      pt2537 commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by TronLegacy View Post
      Hi, just returned to London to find out that i have 2 CCJ's, 1 of them the debt collection agency has filed to have it removed because it was not presented to me and it was an erro by the claimant so that's not my fault.

The second one also is not my fault, but the debt collection agency that filed the claim has been dissolved for 18 months.

what do i have to do now?

regards
      The second one i think you will need to consider whether you have grounds to set aside, the fact the company is gone doesnt mean the debt hasnt been sold to some other company.

You need to move fast, delay can kill an application to set aside judgment,

• Amethyst
      Amethyst commented
      Editing a comment
      Are these the same as on your other threads?

Okay threads merged.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X