• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell small claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell small claims court

Please can someone advise?

I had had a debt in my address and name but wrong date of birth from Lowell from a utility company. It’s not my debt as wasn’t my supplier from what I can gather. I was originally told it was a
    mis search but then I had all these forms to go to a
    small claims court, can someone please advise, do I need a solicitor? I am full time student and single parent and money is already difficult.

Thank you so much in advance
    Tags: None

more real details of this case please. aledged supplier / did you use them / how long ago etc etc etc dob can be corrected easily

Comment

have you received the pre action protocol as the forms you mentioned?? Amethyst

Comment

Thank you both for your replies. The supplier was NPower I found out through Lowell after lots of telephone calls. They wouldn’t give me any information due to the date of birth being not mine. I have never used NPower and I explained this to them, it was the previous tenant to me.
        What will happen in the small claims court? Will I need a solicitor?
        thanks again

Comment

Also yes I had a form from the court so I did reply it wasn’t my debt etc and I was challenging the CCJ, then I had the letter to say court in November. I’m mortified

Comment

Ok, what exactly was the last letter you had from the court ? If you can do a picture ( cover personal details) that would be helpful - as would the original claim form and what you entered as your defence. If you have trouble uploading you can email me - admin@legalbeagles.info

then we should be able to give you a handcwith with the next steps

It would also help your case if you can find out what supplier you were with during the period the alleged debt is for and see if you can get a copy bill or something from them to confirm you were not with npower during the dates in question.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X