• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

penalty notice byelaw 14 st neots railway station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penalty notice byelaw 14 st neots railway station

hi everyone, just recieved a penalty notice to owner from PCN Admin Centre, alleged crime failing to obtain a valid ticket, not true
    i will post pictures of document when i have covered all ID stuff
    Tags: None

What was the original argument over the ticket ?

Comment

the driver bought ticket at machine putting in number plate, then leaving it on the dashboard as instructed. keeper received penalty notice through post 12 days later. £100 fine seems a bit much as parking was only £3.60. the bought ticket has been thrown away as it was not realised it would be needed.
      help and advise needed
      Attached Files

Comment

Possibly the driver entered the registration number incorrectly in the machine meaning the link wasn't made between ANPR and valid ticket.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you are safe from this charge (not a fine) as long as the driver is not identified because this is not "relevant land" and so POFA does not apply.
          ostell or charitynjw will doubtlessly correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

OK, you write back to them so that it arrives just before the 28 days allowed for an appeal and ask them to define exactly which part of byelaw 14 has been breached.

This is a long term plan to keep up letter ping pong until 6 months is up and they cannot take any action in the magistrates court. They are unlikely to do this anyway as they get no money from this, it goes to the government.

Do some more editing on the PCN to remove the identifying PCN number.

Comment

thanks for the replies, i will make sure they are followed up on and will update here

Comment

emailed 26 days after "0ffence" stating valid ticket was obtained therefore no crime, no case to answer.
                reply a couple of days later appeal rejected because the wrong registration mark was put in, but they are going to let me off this time, don't do it again etc

i'm pleased and sad, they have taken away my will to live, a reason to get up in the morning. i was looking for to badgering them to take me to court.
                thanks for all the advice, it helped calm me down and turn me into a mean revenge machine, well hopefully

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X