• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays closed my account with all my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays closed my account with all my money

Barclays have shut my account last week , after being with them for 30 years . Both private and business account. No explanation is forthcoming and they are not telling what I've done wrong . All transactions can be verified and no cash has gone into my account.
    Im at my wits end . 30 years of working and now I feel like a criminal. Please help
    Tags: None

Anything at all in writing ?

It MAY be that money laundering investigation has ended up involving your accounts... either someone you have transacted with in the past or in error. They aren't allowed to tell you that could be the reason ( which IMO is ridiculous ).

Have they stopped you accessing your accounts entirely or have you been able to take out your moneys and put them in new accounts?

Any overdrafts / debts on the accounts ? and any indiciation how to manage those ?

You could check your credit files to see if there are any CIFAS markers, or anything else that looks out of place.

And then do a Subject Access Request to Barclays to find out what happened, particularly with personal account ( SAR won't cover business account - only info / data held about you as a person ) Subject Access Request Letter

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They have stopped me accessing my accounts . I have provided them with proof of funds . No cash or cheques from individual has gone into my account. Still waiting to hear from them . All the money has been earned over years of work.

Comment

Never been overdrawn, accounts have always had good balances in them over the last 15 years

Comment

I did think money laundering myself when i saw the first post.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

i think you account is somehow involve in a open case

Comment

Ok you need to open a new account with a different bank or check to see if there is an old dormant account around. Move all your incoming money to this account and get the DD etc paid from it. if it is a misunderstanding the eventually your account will be reopened.

Comment

Finally got a response from cifas. Personal current account .
                misuse of facility
                reason for filing . False instruments paid in .
                first party fraud
                however date recorded 2nd July 2019 ,and application date 01dec 2106
                . I have no idea what it can refer to

Comment

Okay- false instruments could be altered or false cheques.

Youre going to need to check back around 2016 and see what you were doing - first party is you - so possibly they think you doctored a cheque or paid in a false cheque ? - so first place to look is cheques paid in sept to Dec 2016 I'd guess. Cheques from companies that might have been closed down for fraud or anything like that.

Then you'll have to make a formal complaint to Barclays and take it to ombudsman - if it is an error then providing either with your research / explanation if misunderstanding etc will help.

Did you manage to get another account opened ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Any misselling claims made by you or against you ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

No claims . Went to open an account with metro bank but it's been referred . Will look at my cheque book . But most all transactions have done in branch . Only cheques going in are from my sole trader account into my personal account. For my wages etc .

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I've read your post about your problem with Barclays, and I am going through the same. On the 18th, they put my accounts in -500,000 each to prevent me from taking funds out, and then on Friday (27th), they closed my accounts altogether. I don't know what to do, no one tells you nothing, because of fraud suspicion, I believe?!. I was wondering if there is any chance to ask you how did you get your money back? Shall I find a solicitor? Shall I write to the press. Shall I complain? How much it takes to get the money bank. Does someone calls back from the complaints team as they say? Thank you. Your thoughts will be much helpful.
                          Best,
                          Ionut

Comment

Originally posted by Yochan View Post
                            I've read your post about your problem with Barclays, and I am going through the same. On the 18th, they put my accounts in -500,000 each to prevent me from taking funds out, and then on Friday (27th), they closed my accounts altogether. I don't know what to do, no one tells you nothing, because of fraud suspicion, I believe?!. I was wondering if there is any chance to ask you how did you get your money back? Shall I find a solicitor? Shall I write to the press. Shall I complain? How much it takes to get the money bank. Does someone calls back from the complaints team as they say? Thank you. Your thoughts will be much helpful.
                            Best,
                            Ionut
                            You need to start your own thread, then members can help you. This thread was started in July 2019.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X