• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC

I received a ticket for staying 2 hours in a 90 minute McDonalds car park. I was having a mental health crisis and was on the phone to my local NHS upset because they would not help me. Manager contacted UKPC to say he would provide camera footage that I was there. They declined my appeal. I appealed to POPLA who also declined my appeal. I phoned UKPC and told them I am on benefits and not well and they told me to set up a payment plan through Citizens advice. Please could you advise me. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Hi & welcome to LB
    All private parking co's have to make reasonable adjustments for alleged contraventions where the contravention may have been due to circumstances arising from a protected characteristic. (In your case, probably due to your disability.)
    Clearly if you felt you were unable to drive, it seems rather stiff-necked of them to try & impose their terms of parking (& the breach of same) when it may have been dangerous to yourself & other road users to do so. (Drive, that is.)
    However, ultimately it would be a matter for the courts to decide.
    If it were me I'd secure that CCTV footage & get a statement from McD's, just in case the parking co tries to press on with enforcement.

Could you clarify.....Did McD's ask the parking co to cancel this PCN?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for your response. McDonald's asked them to cancel the charge but I recently found out there was a mix up with my reg and they said they had no record of me. The manager didn't get back to my email and so I applied to POPLA. I asked the manager to give me copies of the emails and he said he Can't because of data protection. I will try to contact UKPC again today and speak to the accounts manager. Thanks once again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X