• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd.

Hello
    Tags: None

I was issued with a PCN from waiting in a Holiday Inn Carpark. After losing speak and threatening letters I decided to pay the now£160. I aid with credit card but they didn’t take out the whole amount they obviously stored my details and took out small amounts . I didn’t Agree to this so I cancelled the card as I didn’t authorise the payment. They want to see a crime number from the Plolice and say the fine is still due and they may issue proceedings against me. Is the legal?

Comment

For a start it is not a fine, it is an invoice. So who wants to see the crive number from the police?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        For a start it is not a fine, it is an invoice. So who wants to see the crive number from the police?
        .....& why?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Civil Inforcement want to see a crime number from the Police. I was going to pay the lump sum because they sent me threatening letters. They didn't take one payment. They took monthly payments which I didn't agree too so I cancelled my credit card. They are not allowed to save my details and use them are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlova19 View Post
            Civil Inforcement want to see a crime number from the Police. I was going to pay the lump sum because they sent me threatening letters. They didn't take one payment. They took monthly payments which I didn't agree too so I cancelled my credit card. They are not allowed to save my details and use them are they?
            Do you mean card details, or details pertaining to the alleged contravention? (Registered keeper, vehicle reg, etc.)
            Last edited by charitynjw; 26th May 2019, 21:00:PM.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Credit card details. They got my car details from DVLA.Can they really just threaten you and increase the invoice as they please?

Comment

From post #2

After losing speak.....
                Could you clarify this
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I paid the £160.00 invoice(because Civil Enforcement threatened me) with my credit card over the phone. They didn't take the lump sum but started to take so much a month? They must have stored my info without my permission so I cancelled my credit cad as unauthorised payments had been taken. They say I still owe the money and if I didn't provide them with a crime number from the police they will take matter tothe police!

Comment

I still don't understand where the crime number comes into things. Is this all in writing or just a telephone conversation? This is a civil matter and the police will not be interested in it at all. Indeed they may not have been entitled to the £160 you paid.

Did you contact your card supplier to complain about unauthorised transactions?

Comment

Yes I did contact my card supplier and cancelled the card so they can't take any more!
                      They sent me a letter saying that as I had told card company that it was unauthorised transaction I should have reported it as a crime, and that if I hadn't done this I had no right to cancel therefore they would report me to the police. Massive amounts of intimidation as far as I can see.
                      They also say they will add more costs and may take procedings against me.
                      Can they really just threaten and add to the bill with out measure?

Comment

Threat and bluster, nothing at all to do with the police.

Comment

That's what I thought so do I just sit it out and if they try and take me to court turn up and hope they don't?
                          Apart from the initial parking invoice, they are now in the wrong for storing my details without permission so they shouldn't have a leg to stand on should they?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlova19 View Post
                            That's what I thought so do I just sit it out and if they try and take me to court turn up and hope they don't?
                            Apart from the initial parking invoice, they are now in the wrong for storing my details without permission so they shouldn't have a leg to stand on should they?
                            You are certain you didn't electronically sign some type of continuous payment authority?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I don't think so because I paid over the phone and the only option they gave was to pay the full amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X