• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP Primark Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP Primark Shoplifting

Hi,

So I made one of the worst decisions i’ve ever made today and stole clothes from Primark. I don’t have a lot of money and recently started a new job that I have nothing to wear to. It really is no excuse and it was a moment of madness that I’m now scared will jeopardise my future and my career.

The clothes I took had a total value of just over £50, and when I was stopped by the security guard and taken into a room I admitted what I had done immediately. All the items were given back in a resalable condition. There were two police men in the room as well as the security guard. I couldn’t stop shaking and crying and explained that I have no criminal record or have never done anything like this before.

The police told me that they were not going to press charges or report the incident on their side as it was clear I was very remorseful. However, I was given a letter from the security guard with ‘RLP’ on it and told I would have to pay a fine and I was banned from Primark stores.

After reading threads on here I have seen that everyone has advised to ignore letters that I will subsequently receive from RLP.

The only thing that I want to check is, if I do ignore the letters, am I at risk of them telling the police that were there? I also am going into a job that requires detailed DBS checks and I am worried that this incident with appear on them?

I have definitely learnt my lesson from this and will never ever do something this stupid again. I guess I’m just looking for some reassurance or something as I’m freaking out right now and can’t stop thinking about it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

If the police took no action at the time (must have been close to luch break) then they will not be interested in taking action later. RLP cannot issue fines, they have no authority, just as they have no authority to tell the police what to do. Continue to ignore.

Comment

So it’s been over two months now and I still have not received any letters from RLP. Is it possible that I might not receive any at all?

Comment

Anything is possible
        Perhaps your paperwork was overlooked or was lost or the shop couldn't be bothered ​​​​​​​

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X