• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP Neligence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWP Neligence

I'm considering taking action against the DWP for their mis- management of the housing benefit paid directly to my lodger, who as a result is now homeless. The authorities were aware
    of the vunerability of my lodger when back in 2015 she was evicited from her house, and became my lodger. the local council paid the housing benefit direct to me, and there was never a problem.
    The DWP were aware back in Nov last year, however despite forms letters and constant reminders done nothing. Until maybe next month but too late.
    Any thoughts?
    Tags: None

Presumably your lodger had been moved over to Universal Credit and that's when the direct payments ended? Did you make a UC47 application? ( https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ears-deduction )

Have you gone through the complaints procedure ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

HI ty for your reply. i first sent a completed uc47 in nov last year when my lodger was due her very ist UC payment. She didnt receive her ist payment on the scheduled day, but on calling the uc helpline she was told " they couldnt release her money as the housing benefit couldnt be seperated from the rest of her benefit money. However they released it all, informing her she would have to pay her landlord ( Me) from that money.
      this she did, also for dec jan and feb. i sent a uc47 in nov. which dwp say they never got!!! i wrote in feb complaining. and sent a further uc47.
      but there delay in dealing with anything has caused untold problems, i e mailed my mp (no reply) and have now written to the dwp secretary at the house of commons.expressing my concerns

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X