• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brighthouse won’t repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighthouse won’t repair

Hi,

Thank you for allowing me to join. I purchased an Apple MacBook from Brighthouse and paid it off over 12 months. Now 18 months down the line the logic/motherboard has failed (apple confirmed this). So I spoke to Brighthouse and they said as it’s out of warranty and I own it outright they won’t repair it. I stated that it’s covered under the sale of goods act 1979 and the consumer rights act 2016. They said if I’m not satisfied raise it as a compliant. After they denied all knowledge of the original complaint they have now said after investigation they don’t feel they have to repair it and want to close the case. I told them I’m not happy with that and they said they will escalate it but it’ll take 56 days to resolve. So I guess what I’m asking is, if/when they refuse to repair again. What are my options?
    Tags: None

Hi & welcome

Durkin v DSG Retail Ltd
    https://www.russell-cooke.co.uk/medi...april-2014.pdf

Consumer Rights Act 2015

Can a trader contract out of statutory rights and remedies under a goods contract?

31 Liability that cannot be excluded or restricted

(1) A term of a contract to supply goods is not binding on the consumer to the extent that it would exclude or restrict the trader’s liability arising under any of these provisions—

(a) section 9 (goods to be of satisfactory quality);

(b) section 10 (goods to be fit for particular purpose);

(c) section 11 (goods to be as described);

(d) section 12 (other pre-contract information included in contract);

(etc)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/part/1/chapter/2/crossheading/can-a-trader-contract-out-of-statutory-rights-and-remedies-under-a-goods-contract/enacted

Resolver is a free tool that makes complaining quick and simple.
    Last edited by charitynjw; 17th March 2019, 04:04:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I’m going with unsatisfactory quality. As I feel £1300 for a premium brand product should last longer than 18 months. I’ve also since found out it was an ex-floor model. I thought I was buying brand new

Comment

Not as described if it was a display model and not new

Comment

Quick update. Brighthouse/Faversham have concluded their investigation into the compliant and have stated “ As I own the product outright and it is 8 months after it has been paid off they don’t feel obligated to repair the item”. I have now taken it up with the FOS but I’m not very hopeful after speaking to them.

Comment

Send them this.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X