• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,
    New member here looking for advice regarding what seems like a very sketchy credit agreement..
    I'm aware that people have had run ins with chique photography studios in Yorkshire previously and now I'm stuck in a similar situation myself. I don't trust this company with my bank details whatsoever, but feel I have no exit after having to sign a credit agreement that I wasn't given to read... Any advice would be so helpful as I'm now paying 1250 for horrible edits of photos when I'm on maternity leave and can just about afford to live
    Tags: None

You have a copy of the agreement now - could you upload a copy please.

Also what date you you sign the agreement ?

Who is the credit agreement with ? ( presumably a finance company rather than with Chique as Chique only have FCA permissions for secondary broking )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
      i do have a copy of the agreement, however am reluctant to post due to having all my information on it. The finance company is PayItMonthly, who I was not aware are an unregulated finance company.

Comment

Just for info https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/authori...allment-credit

This will be the relevant legislation http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made
        Information to be provided before making an on-premises contract

9.—(1) Before the consumer is bound by an on-premises contract, the trader must give or make available to the consumer the information described in Schedule 1 in a clear and comprehensible manner, if that information is not already apparent from the context.

(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a contract which involves a day-to-day transaction and is performed immediately at the time when the contract is entered into.

(3) Any information that the trader gives the consumer as required by this regulation is to be treated as included as a term of the contract.

(4) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.

Schedule 1 is http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/1/made

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X